You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Jurgen Klopp appreciation society

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

He's certainly bought into the bitter mentality hasn't he , I wonder what colour his Christmas tree is ?? 

I’m quite encouraged by it TBH - first decent manager they seem to have had in ages, and he’s terrified of upsetting the torch and pitchfork-wielding mob - augurs well I think 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, suzy said:

The minute he ran onto the pitch I thought he could be in trouble. Hopefully just a fine. Silva pissed me off though - he definitely changed his story between his two interviews.

Yep and Klopp should call him on it but I suppose it’s not worth it. I detest Everton I mean it I really do, always trying to clamber up high ground hill, ironic really given the behaviour of some of their fans. Hideous football club

32 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Arguably better than Hodgson.

I’ll wait to the end of the season. Question marks remain over Alisson after he kicked the ball to an opposition player in their narrow win against Napoli. A game in which world record signing, Virgil Van Dyke escape a red card. Another Klopp signing struggling to live up to the hype and big fee. 

• Upvote 2

What Klopp has got that none of our managers have had since Rafa, is the ability to spot a big money player who's actually worth the money. 

Kenny in his last tenure or Rodgers would have happily spent 30 mil on Paul Kitson or some shit, but when Klopp goes after a big player you're pretty confident now they're going to be top drawer.

When you've got that ability you give the fans hope, because you know you're always one or two transfer windows from turning your team into something if you've not been doing well.

I never felt like that under Rodgers, never looked forward to a transfer window because no matter what you gave him to spend it was a 'see what sticks' vibe.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

What Klopp has got that none of our managers have had since Rafa, is the ability to spot a big money player who's actually worth the money. 

Kenny in his last tenure or Rodgers would have happily spent 30 mil on Paul Kitson or some shit, but when Klopp goes after a big player you're pretty confident now they're going to be top drawer.

When you've got that ability you give the fans hope, because you know you're always one or two transfer windows from turning your team into something if you've not been doing well.

I never felt like that under Rodgers, never looked forward to a transfer window because no matter what you gave him to spend it was a 'see what sticks' vibe.

There are teams and then there are teams. Klopp has built a footballing squad that has a feel about it that the great sides have had. Liverpool, Bayern, Juventus, Real, Barcelona, AC Milan, Manchester United. That sort of major title winning side where they have a squad together for a period of time but they also have memorable and colossal players. I feel like the types of player Alisson, Van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Firmino, Salah, Mane, et al are will be comparable with the likes of Schmeichel, Hansen, Irwin, Stam, Davids, Dalglish, et al. As long as we can keep the manager, keep the players, add to the players with top quality when needed, but keep the core, and importantly break out duck of winning the league or a major title, then we could go on winning major titles for quite some time. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Skrtel Milk said:

IMO Keita (£52M), Fabinho (£44M) and Chamberlain (£35M) still have a lot to prove.
We know Chamberlain is a quality player on form, but time will tell if his fee was worth it, in relations to his horrific history of injuries. With Fabinho, the signs are good. Keita haven't done anything of note yet.

Keita has had some good games. He has only got 6 league starts, so it might be a little early. They're all quality players. What's the issue?

2 minutes ago, Skrtel Milk said:

It was a response to Section's first line. Forgot to quote. It just seemed a bit conclusive this early.
I hope all three of them shows themselves to be bargains.

I think, generally speaking, we have bought astoundingly well under Klopp. Especially when we've spent big. The market, I've had to learn quickly, has moved on from the days when you'd pay 20m for 15m players. You now pay 50m for 20m players. Just how it is. 

15 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Keita has had some good games. He has only got 6 league starts, so it might be a little early. They're all quality players. What's the issue?

If they haven't delivered by December 31st, sell them all on January 1st at one minute past midnight. 

Malingering twats.