Quantcast
Lolly Ices - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tony Moanero

Lolly Ices

Also what do Scousers call bread rolls? Northerners as a rule seem to have a different name for this every 10 miles be it breadcake, batch or barm.

Also what do Scousers call bread rolls? Northerners as a rule seem to have a different name for this every 10 miles be it breadcake, batch or barm.

Barm.

What the fuck is a breadcake?

Are they those massive cobs/barms/buns/baps [delete as appropriate] they sell in Yorkshire?

As in the fish based battered snack you get at a chippie?

Never heard of a savoury cake either way.

Unless the chippy is selling a product with a high amount of fish (cant remember what percentage) they cant call it a fish cake. A fish cake or savory cake round these parts is usually mashed potato mixed with herbs and deep fried in batter. 

A round soft white roll is used to be known as a barm cake but I think it's just known as a barm now.

A similar looking one that is darker brown and has a crusty outer texture is known a a crusty cob.

I did try and post images but it seems harmless pictures of bread products aren't allowed on here.

When I was a van lad for Scotts Bakery in 1976 the round soft ones where called Baps , the crusty ones where Cobs while the longer crusty ones where Nudgers, that's the only time I've heard them call that though unless it was the drivers nickname for them.

When I was a van lad for Scotts Bakery in 1976 the round soft ones where called Baps , the crusty ones where Cobs while the longer crusty ones where Nudgers, that's the only time I've heard them call that though unless it was the drivers nickname for them.

Your driver was obviously sticking his todger in those baguette/sub type bread products. 'Here you are missus,chomp on that.'

Is correct.

Your driver was obviously sticking his todger in those baguette/sub type bread products. 'Here you are missus,chomp on that.'

Haha, he was always picking his nose though then handling the cakes ,gross.