Quantcast
Internet Help - Page 2 - TNF - Techy Nerd Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Turdseye

Internet Help

Yeah sorry mate, just seen this. They usually come with the cables and I'm still using ones I bought about 3 years ago with no issues. If you can, try to make sure you plug them directly into the wall socket. They will work through an extension or 4-way but it's not as good. Also, you can use however many you want around the house, but just be aware that you'll need the same ones as different brands tend to use different tech.

• Upvote 1

Yeah sorry mate, just seen this. They usually come with the cables and I'm still using ones I bought about 3 years ago with no issues. If you can, try to make sure you plug them directly into the wall socket. They will work through an extension or 4-way but it's not as good. Also, you can use however many you want around the house, but just be aware that you'll need the same ones as different brands tend to use different tech.

These turned up this morning. Got them plugged straight into the wall like you said and they’re working brilliantly. Nice one mate.

Any ideas?

We had a Virgin Media package installed at the beginning of the month. All was working well until the start of the weekend when we noticed that the tv catch up and on demand features weren’t available and then discovered that we have no internet connection on any of our non Apple devices and no amount of typing in passwords makes any difference. 

All advice greatly appreciated.

Written on my Apple device

8 hours ago, Champ said:

Any ideas?

We had a Virgin Media package installed at the beginning of the month. All was working well until the start of the weekend when we noticed that the tv catch up and on demand features weren’t available and then discovered that we have no internet connection on any of our non Apple devices and no amount of typing in passwords makes any difference. 

All advice greatly appreciated.

Written on my Apple device

Any problems like no internet connection I normally shut down the router for a couple of minutes and then restart. Any devices that rely on that connection should also be shut down and then restarted once the router is restarted.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Any problems like no internet connection I normally shut down the router for a couple of minutes and then restart. Any devices that rely on that connection should also be shut down and then restarted once the router is restarted.

You are a star!

And the moral of the story is, no matter how new the service or weird the problem seems turning the thing on and off is always the place to start.

Well there’s probably two, the second being it’s always worth asking the good people of the forum before bracing yourself to speak to someone with a limited grasp of English in a call centre on the other side of the world

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Champ said:

You are a star!

And the moral of the story is, no matter how new the service or weird the problem seems turning the thing on and off is always the place to start.

Well there’s probably two, the second being it’s always worth asking the good people of the forum before bracing yourself to speak to someone with a limited grasp of English in a call centre on the other side of the world

I would assume that the advice worked a charm? 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I would assume that the advice worked a charm? 

First time.

Not sure why I didn’t do it straight away. It was always my default with the previous crappy Sky router. But thanks again

• Upvote 1

On 11/5/2018 at 3:51 PM, Champ said:

First time.

Not sure why I didn’t do it straight away. It was always my default with the previous crappy Sky router. But thanks again

Don't forget to do this quite regularly,say every couple of weeks,as they seem to add patches and updates without telling you and your conbection can get 'glitchy.'

• Upvote 1