You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who should we keep for this season?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Divock or Dominic?

If it’s true that we’re done spending then it could be said that we’re still light up front. There’s talk of Sturridge seeing out his final year and I’m assuming Ings will be leaving. That would leave our forward cover as Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi and Solanke.

One of Origi and Solanke will have to go. I suppose if Divock goes it’ll be permanently and if Dominic goes it’ll be on loan.

I said on the MF last season that Origi would have offered more than Solanke if he’d had the same amount of game time. I stand by that and I’ve noticed a few others recently saying the same. I’m not completely writing Solanke off but at this moment in time he’s not good enough to be a serious option from the bench. At least with Origi, he’s shown glimpses in the past. I’d loan Solanke out and keep Origi in the squad.

What says the FF? Who should be part of the squad for the coming season?

• Upvote 1

Origi may have offered more last season but there's a greater chance that Solanke offers us more long term. I think the job of our centre forward is so different to what other centre forwards do it's best to let him learn the role here than go to a Swansea or Huddersfield where his return would be greater but he'd turn in to the wrong type of player for us. It's not surprising Solanke struggled, he's learning a new type of football and a different way to play. It must be difficult for him.

Solanke would really benefit from a loan to lower-mid premier league side, someone like Brighton, Watford or Palace. Origi been absolutely Shite pre season and last season at Wolfsburg, best for all parties if we sell. Mad though he had moments here where I thought he was really onto something and broke double figures both seasons with us. Wouldn’t be totally averse to keeping him around as a bench option if we needed to got direct.

For me it is short sighted to not look to get someone in better than the shower of shite that is Sturridge, Origi, Solanke and Ings as forward cover.

OK Shaqiri offers reasonable cover in terms of playing wide in our front 3 and that is better than asking Origi, Sturridge et al to play wide in a 3 as they are always shite at it...but the cover for the central spot is woefully inadequate and without improving it we are taking a risk.

If Firmino gets injured or when he needs a rest the drop off in quality is huge and the suitability to how we want to play (pressing from front etc) is just not there.....and that is without factoring in how unreliable Sturridge and Ings are fitness wise.

We really should look to jib shite like Stirridge, Ings, Origi and use whatever money we can get to buy a forward who can provide reliable cover and loan Solanke out to see if there is any hope for him.

I think Salah will be the main go-to guy if Bobby is unfit / rested , with Shaqiri covering the wide spot left.

I would keep Sturridge & Origi for the squad and send Solanke on loan.

I don't really see much in Dom, but I have a couple of Spurs supporting mates who say that Kane was very ordinary at the likes of Millwall & Leicester and then suddenly 'clicked ' so who knows.

Best we can expect from Solanke is that he'll make us a fair bit of profit when we eventually sell him.

Can't see it working out for him here long term, he has potential to be decent but doesn't suit how we play, and because of that he won't get enough first team minutes for the chance to reach his potential.

For me it is short sighted to not look to get someone in better than the shower of shite that is Sturridge, Origi, Solanke and Ings as forward cover.

OK Shaqiri offers reasonable cover in terms of playing wide in our front 3 and that is better than asking Origi, Sturridge et al to play wide in a 3 as they are always shite at it...but the cover for the central spot is woefully inadequate and without improving it we are taking a risk.

If Firmino gets injured or when he needs a rest the drop off in quality is huge and the suitability to how we want to play (pressing from front etc) is just not there.....and that is without factoring in how unreliable Sturridge and Ings are fitness wise.

We really should look to jib shite like Stirridge, Ings, Origi and use whatever money we can get to buy a forward who can provide reliable cover and loan Solanke out to see if there is any hope for him.

Keeping Sturridge is the smart thing to do at this point because he's playing for a contract. Logic dictates that he'll be as motivated as can be. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually stays fit and plays well this season.

Ings and Origi will go, I think. No place for them with Brewster coming up. 

Keeping Sturridge is the smart thing to do at this point because he's playing for a contract. Logic dictates that he'll be as motivated as can be. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually stays fit and plays well this season.

Ings and Origi will go, I think. No place for them with Brewster coming up.

The idea of relying on Sturridge staying fit is not one a side with eyes on winning the league should be entertaining in my opinion.

The idea of relying on Sturridge staying fit is not one a side with eyes on winning the league should be entertaining in my opinion.

All professional athletes magically go up a level and find a backbone when it's their contract year, mate. The same will happen with Sturridge. That's just what happens in professional sport.