You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Prince Philip...

Just now, A Red said:

And "guy" as well. Fucking hell mate

It is quite clearly showing hatred, its not done in humour. Seriously, give it up.

Forget all that other stuff. You've accused me of hate speech, so let's just focus on that.

It quite clearly was a joke, albeit a very bad one. Now, explain to me, how me making a joke about Super Man - on a message board - that leans into two stereotypes about gay people, is hate speech, and how you making derogatory comments about gay people in real life, isn't? And what separates my joke, from the many, many others on here about gay people?

24 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

I went to the tip last week when it was nice out and the three fellas in their 50’s working there had that song blasting out of a stereo. Made me laugh and then made me think that I’m getting old. 

Little did I know that would be the last time I would be getting rid of an ironing board and a load of cardboard while DMX was still with us. 

Fitting tribute to Prince Philip from D and the boys here...

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, A Red said:

Now you've gone and used the word "dude" Oh dear.

Its this -

Obviously when I said "gay" I was inferring he was a soft, mincey, spandex wearing twat. I don't really know which way he butters his bread to be honest but I'm willing to bet he drops anchor in poo bay. That's besides the point anyway. I just think he's lame

He's from Springfield you queen shagging cunt 

3 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Forget all that other stuff. You've accused me of hate speech, so let's just focus on that.

It quite clearly was a joke, albeit a very bad one. Now, explain to me, how me making a joke about Super Man - on a message board - that leans into two stereotypes about gay people, is hate speech, and how you making derogatory comments about gay people in real life, isn't? And what separates my joke, from the many, many others on here about gay people?

Obviously when I said "gay" I was inferring he was a soft, mincey, spandex wearing twat. I don't really know which way he butters his bread to be honest but I'm willing to bet he drops anchor in poo bay. 

Right, here we go. The word gay, above quite clearly meant to you, they are soft, mincey spandex wearing twats. Its not a joke, its you stating what you think gay blokes are soft, mincey spandex wearing twats. The 3 key words here are "soft"  "twats" and "mincey" because some might (all in your head) wear spandex.

Its hate speech!

Go to bed

1 minute ago, A Red said:

Obviously when I said "gay" I was inferring he was a soft, mincey, spandex wearing twat. I don't really know which way he butters his bread to be honest but I'm willing to bet he drops anchor in poo bay. 

Right, here we go. The word gay, above quite clearly meant to you, they are soft, mincey spandex wearing twats. Its not a joke, its you stating what you think gay blokes are soft, mincey spandex wearing twats. The 3 key words here are "soft"  "twats" and "mincey" because some might (all in your head) wear spandex.

Its hate speech!

Go to bed

Yes, it's leaning into stereotypes; we've already established that. What's not clear is how it's different from all the casually homophobic jokes on here that do likewise, or indeed how it's different from the derogatory things you've said about gay people in real life.

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Yes, it's leaning into stereotypes; we've already established that. What's not clear is how it's different from all the casually homophobic jokes on here that do likewise, or indeed how it's different from the derogatory things you've said about gay people in real life.

You asked me how its hatred, I told you. Now fuck off.

Just now, Rico1304 said:

‘Leaning in’. If you were leaning in why did you pull me? 

Are they just jokes, or are they evidence of someone being a homophobe? Is saying "Tom Daley might do well at the Olympics, even if he is a little bummer" also not leaning into stereoptypes, except with an actual real person as the subject, and not Super Man?

7 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Are they just jokes, or are they evidence of someone being a homophobe? Is saying "Tom Daley might do well at the Olympics, even if he is a little bummer" also not leaning into stereoptypes, except with an actual real person as the subject, and not Super Man?

Ha ha this is absolutely brilliant.  Sometimes you should just put the spade down. 

Constant and relentless- any apology there? Nope?  

The argument seems to be;

I make a joke

You tell me that’s bad. That I’ve been relentless and constantly making bad jokes. 

I tell you you’ve done the same thing

You say it’s ok it’s just a joke. 

I know the joke is ok because I fucking made it. 

11 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

‘Leaning in’.  The get out of jail card.  

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha this is absolutely brilliant.  Sometimes you should just put the spade down. 

Constant and relentless- any apology there? Nope?  

The argument seems to be;

I make a joke

You tell me that’s bad. That I’ve been relentless and constantly making bad jokes. 

I tell you you’ve done the same thing

You say it’s ok it’s just a joke. 

I know the joke is ok because I fucking made it. 

Cool. Let's go with that.

Now, is that thing, that you've just stated we've both done, evidence of someone being a homophobe or not?