You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Prince Philip...

3 hours ago, Mook said:

Looks like a lot of Irish Reds giving him stick there.

I agree with them in principle but if they feel strongly enough about it to have a pop at Dalglish, they could always fuck off & watch shinty or whatever it's called instead.

Imagine being foreign and criticising British Kenny who has played and worked for British clubs and lives in Britain for passing on condolences to a British family, who have lost a family member.

Go support Ballygobackwards Town.

On 09/04/2021 at 16:53, A Red said:

I was walking along Frenchmans creek earlier when I found out but I showed grit and determination and managed to make my way home. I will probably be as pissed off with the coverage as you though, its going to drag on with endless twats and their pretend grief.

I will probably also get pissed off with reading the endless references to him being a racist. He was a bloke of his age and his privilege wont have helped his views, but as we have seen on this forum someone can be a racist or a homophobe for example and change with the times. Maybe he did.

My guy, if the standard for labeling someone a homophobe really is casually homophobic language On Here, then that would render about the half the forum former or current homophobes.

But, since you insist, let's use that standard, shall we: a threshold that would be more than met by, say, engaging in actual mockery of people for their sexuality (so, literally making fun of gay people, for being gay). And wouldn't you just know it, here you are, in 2013, readily admitting that you've done just that:

"If you can hand on heart say that you have made no derogatory comments with regard to their sexual preferences, or made piss taking comments about gay people then I can see it. And I would admit youre a better man than me."

So, if we're using your standard for determining whether someone is/was a homophobe, then you yourself absolutely were/are, as well.

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

My guy, if the standard for labeling someone a homophobe really is casually homophobic language On Here, then that would render about the half the forum former or current homophobes.

But, since you insist, let's use that standard, shall we: a threshold that would be more than met by, say, engaging in actual mockery of people for their sexuality (so, literally making fun of gay people, for being gay). And wouldn't you just know it, here you are, in 2013, readily admitting that you've done just that:

"If you can hand on heart say that you have made no derogatory comments with regard to their sexual preferences, or made piss taking comments about gay people then I can see it. And I would admit youre a better man than me."

So, if we're using your standard for determining whether someone is/was a homophobe, then you yourself absolutely were/are, as well.

That some serious trawling you've done there.  Anyway, I was in my 60's when I wrote that, I like to think I've grown up a bit since then, so you can fuck off.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Here he is, on his white charger!!!

Tell you what is weird, that someone who was brought up by parents who by his own description were pretty right on, managed to be a massive homophobe. And then expects us to believe that the day after his last post about ‘dropping anchor in poo bay’ saw the light and became the forum gay rights champion.  Well done son, well done.  

As ever don’t go in the Maddie thread as you’ll find we all support the murder of kids. 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Here he is, on his white charger!!!

Tell you what is weird, that someone who was brought up by parents who by his own description were pretty right on, managed to be a massive homophobe. And then expects us to believe that the day after his last post about ‘dropping anchor in poo bay’ saw the light and became the forum gay rights champion.  Well done son, well done.  

Do explain to us again how your joke about the threat of gay sex as an intimidation tactic has no negative connotations for gay people. Because again, if we're using that standard - casual homophobia on here - for judging whether someone is or isn't a homophobe, then that would make you, and loads of other posters, homophobes too, wouldn't it.

The white knight stuff is just bizarre; I actually never accused anyone of being a homophobe, I just pointed out that it was weird that someone in their 40s would constantly, relentlessly, keep making jokes about gay sex, because it is.

The reality is that you, me, and A Red have clearly, at different points in our lives, engaged in casual homophobia, but funnily enough it's only you two who are actually labeling someone a homophobe because of it.

10 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Do explain to us again how your joke about the threat of gay sex as an intimidation tactic has no negative connotations for gay people. Because again, if we're using that standard - casual homophobia on here - for judging whether someone is or isn't a homophobe, then that would make you, and loads of other posters, homophobes too, wouldn't it.

The white knight stuff is just bizarre; I actually never accused anyone of being a homophobe, I just pointed out that it was weird that someone in their 40s would constantly, relentlessly, keep making jokes about gay sex, because it is.

The reality is that you, me, and A Red have clearly, at different points in our lives, engaged in casual homophobia, but funnily enough it's only you two who are actually labeling someone a homophobe because of it.

Explain to me how me making a joke has any impact on anyone. I’ve made jokes about all types of people, but my actions, you know the thing that really counts, have shown that I’m not homophobic. Far from it. 

We are showing up your hypocrisy and holier than thou bollocks.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Constantly- relentlessly- I’ve not checked.  How are you proving that? 

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Explain to me how me making a joke has any impact on anyone. I’ve made jokes about all types of people, but my actions, you know the thing that really counts, have shown that I’m not homophobic. Far from it. 

We are showing up your hypocrisy and holier than thou bollocks.  

Rico, I never accused you of being a homophobe. It's you who's doing that, and the standard by which you're judging people to be homophobes - casual homophobia on here, or anywhere else - is something that fucking loads of us are guilty of, including you.

One of my first interactions on here was someone calling me a bummer - and he was a moderator no less! I don't for one second think that guy's a homophobe, and I know for a fact he regrets that kind language/banter now, just as I do. The only one who doesn't, seemingly, is you.

43 minutes ago, A Red said:

Imagine being foreign and criticising British Kenny who has played and worked for British clubs and lives in Britain for passing on condolences to a British family, who have lost a family member.

Go support Ballygobackwards Town.

We're not all like that over 'ere.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Rico, I never accused you of being a homophobe. It's you who's doing that, and the standard by which you're judging people to be homophobes - casual homophobia on here, or anywhere else - is something that fucking loads of us are guilty of, including you.

One of my first interactions on here was someone calling me a bummer - and he was a moderator no less! I don't for one second think that guy's a homophobe, and I know for a fact he regrets that kind language/banter now, just as I do. The only one who doesn't, seemingly, is you.

But you are the one policing it. You are the one calling people out for it. 

Oh, and ‘constantly, relentlessly’? 

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

But you are the one policing it. You are the one calling people out for it. 

Oh, and ‘constantly, relentlessly’? 

No I'm not; it's you and A Red who've been doing that.

This really is quite simple: if casual homophobia, such as the joke I made years ago, is the standard by which someone is judged to be a homophobe, then guess what? You're guilty of it, too, with your joke from a couple of days ago. But that's your standard, not mine.

And it seemed to me like you were making jokes about gay sex fairly frequently. Fuck going back to check, this is undignified enough already.

Was watching Sky News tribute to him last night. It's amazing how avoid directly they mentioning his fuck ups.  'In his later years his independent streak got him into the headlines'  in reference to him driving into that woman and her kid a couple of years ago. 

11 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

No I'm not; it's you and A Red who've been doing that.

This really is quite simple: if casual homophobia, such as the joke I made years ago, is the standard by which someone is judged to be a homophobe, then guess what? You're guilty of it, too, with your joke from a couple of days ago. But that's your standard, not mine.

And it seemed to me like you were making jokes about gay sex fairly frequently. Fuck going back to check, this is undignified enough already.

You mean ‘Oh, I was wrong. Sorry’. Never mind. 

15 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Just to be clear, by your own standard, you're a "massive homophobe" and "a homophobic cunt" yeah?

No, what you can’t do is gallop in on your charger and try and denigrate others for the thing you’ve done too. You then can’t claim the transgression has been constant and relentless.  That’s all.  

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

No, what you can’t do is gallop in on your charger and try and denigrate others for the thing you’ve done too. You then can’t claim the transgression has been constant and relentless.  That’s all.  

Fucking hell, how many times? That's what you've done, not me.

So, again, do these kind of jokes make someone "a massive homophobe" and "a homophobic cunt", or are they just jokes "that don't have any impact on anyone"? It can't be both, so which is it?

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Lads, lads, lads!

Can we not just agree that we're all cunts, but we'll never be Prince Philip-level cunts.

My dude, I would gently suggest you direct that at the people labeling other people homophobes, for things they're just as guilty of themselves.

17 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Fucking hell, how many times? That's what you've done, not me.

So, again, do these kind of jokes make someone "a massive homophobe" and "a homophobic cunt", or are they just jokes "that don't have any impact on anyone"? It can't be both, so which is it?

Fucking hell, are we in a parallel universe? Before you were reminded of your  ‘jokes’ how did you categorise ours? 

It’s you trying to spin this, not me.  If I could be arsed I’d go to the Trans thread. You’ve done it there too.