You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Prince Philip...

Just now, tokyojoe said:

That was grim. Her Indoors was watching so went out. Couldn't get a seat in the pub garden as it was heaving. Probably all trying to miss this shitfest as well.

Wonder how much money it cost?

To be honest mate I doubt it cost much at all. The forces lot are obliged to work it as its their duty and I doubt the church charged for the service. in-fact, suits and the jeep aside I bet it cost hardly a thing. The security around it would have all been obliged as well. 

42 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I watched them walk behind down to the service, I wanted to see the Navy lads tribute (waheeyy) because they will have been put through the shit getting the drill for today right. Thought the walk down behind the jeep was actually quite intriguing/solemn to watch but then they showed that nonces face so I put the snooker back on. 

Easy to forget you're watching a family who've lost a loved one. 

Yeah but all the reds get re-racked before the next frame so it's all tickety-boo.

We went to Costco in Haydock this afternoon, got there about 2:40.

Shows my card to get in and the fella says that everything is stopping at 3:00 for a minutes silence for Prince Philip.

Yeah, good luck with that I said. I didn't notice anything stopping.

There's no respect these days!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

We went to Costco in Haydock this afternoon, got there about 2:40.

Shows my card to get in and the fella says that everything is stopping at 3:00 for a minutes silence for Prince Philip.

Yeah, good luck with that I said. I didn't notice anything stopping.

There's no respect these days!

I’m sure that in their head and heart each and every person was joining in as they were pushing their trolleys around....

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Regardless of views on the royals etc, that is a fucking sad, sad picture.

Screenshot_20210417-182453_BBC News.jpg

Yeah, arl arse that. She's never pissed me off so I really feel for her. Seems to have a lot of grace and dignity about her. Unfortunately her title stands for a lot of gobshites. Fucking hell I feel awful seeing that. 

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

She's a very elderly woman who has just lost her husband of 70+ years. It is very sad and you would have to be a completely soulless bastard not to feel some sympathy for her.

I just object to having it rammed down my throat and all the bollocks that has come with it.

It's arlarse watching her grief if you ask me. 

34 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

It's arlarse watching her grief if you ask me. 

I don't get why it's had to be broadcasted to the world.

When there's a death in the family, it's a very personal thing, one of the worst times of your life, so just why the whole thing has been played out in front of an audience of millions is beyond me.

It's like some sort of reality tv programme but with ridiculously wealthy and even more ridiculously dysfunctional people in it. We're royal, look at us, look at how stoic and British we are.

I've made a point of avoiding the whole spectacle because I've got no time for any of them, never have, but like I said in my previous post I do feel sorry for her. 

Any other family would never let her sit on her own like that, but they're not like normal people and they like to show it.

The sooner they're gone the better as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 2