You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Prince Philip...

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

The BBC reportedly received a record-breaking 100,000 complaints about its coverage of the death of Prince Philip.

I'm one of the ones who complained. I complained about the BBC not turning  off the children's channel ccbbies and instead show back to back repeats of the queens coronation instead of Peppa pig goes rollerskating.  Country's gone to the fucking dogs.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

I'm one of the ones who complained. I complained about the BBC not turning  off the children's channel ccbbies and instead show back to back repeats of the queens coronation instead of Peppa pig goes rollerskating.  Country's gone to the fucking dogs.

Yep, they could have at least shown the Peppa episode where the Queen jumps a double decker bus over an open Tower Bridge

I do think it's about time the royal family stopped wearing their fancy dress uniforms completely. Yes some have earned medals, some haven't even earned a pass out parade. But nobody gets to wear their uniform once they've left completely. 

it just takes the piss seeing them draped in gold braid and parading around like some tin pot dictators. The queen is the head of the armed forces and she doesn't waltz around dressed in military uniform.  

Wear a fucking suit like everyone else. 

• Upvote 4

They've decided to break with tradition and not wear military uniforms for the funeral.

Perhaps they've finally realised the country is very different to the one the Queen ascended to and got the message about these ridiculous, archaic and pompous traditions, and that large swathes of the people see them as the over privileged, irrelevant parasites they are.

I doubt it though.

• Upvote 1

Her Indoors gets Saturdays DM. Had a look at it for the first time today (I only do the Sudoku).

33 fucking pages. When you get through other bollocks on page 55 there is a short story about US warships being deployed to the Black Sea. Some little shindig between Ukraine and Russia apparently.

EDIT. There's a 32 page pullout in the middle as well.

I fucking give up.

8 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

They've decided to break with tradition and not wear military uniforms for the funeral.

Perhaps they've finally realised the country is very different to the one the Queen ascended to and got the message about these ridiculous, archaic and pompous traditions, and that large swathes of the people see them as the over privileged, irrelevant parasites they are.

I doubt it though.

Andrew was planning to wear an Admirals uniform . Jesus wept ! 
Apart from the fact he isn’t officially an Admiral yet having the fucking sleazy twat parading around dressed up as one must be a kick in the nuts to our sailors that do a real job. He should be dressed in prison uniform slopping out his cell . 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I keep reading that the uniforms thing is for Harry's benefit , but surely it is to avoid the other non military types sitting there like characters from Gilbert and Sullivan , while a guy who has done two Iraq tours is banned from wearing his.

Well the Daily Mail have got 'Royal experts' saying its Harry throwing his toys out of the pram and making it all about him" 

53 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Andrew was planning to wear an Admirals uniform . Jesus wept ! 
Apart from the fact he isn’t officially an Admiral yet having the fucking sleazy twat parading around dressed up as one must be a kick in the nuts to our sailors that do a real job. He should be dressed in prison uniform slopping out his cell . 

Couldn't agree more. The fucking nonce.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I initially thought this was a Daily Mash piss-take, but apparently he’s got a specially designed Landrover Defender to act as his hearse.

land_rover_2.jpg

That's hardly traditional is it?  Bet all the flag shaggers will spin it as Phil being a great moderniser of the Monarchy.

According to Bernard Jenkins (or rather the Governor of Shawshank) on last nights Question Time  “in some respects they’re the least privileged family in the country” 

I guess Marcus Rashford needs to get round there quick with some food parcels now the man of the house has gone 

EzDHxteWYAYka2P?format=jpg&name=large

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

According to Bernard Jenkins (or rather the Governor of Shawshank) on last nights Question Time  “in some respects they’re the least privileged family in the country” 

I guess Marcus Rashford needs to get round there quick with some food parcels now the man of the house has gone 

EzDHxteWYAYka2P?format=jpg&name=large

They're clearly in no way the least privileged family in the UK thats fucking absurd. I still would not want their lives, it is a servitude born into a birdcage of protocol and PR. Monarchy should be abolished for the sake of future generations of their family alone. Abolish it, take back most of their property and wealth, still leave them a fairly wealthy family and no generation of them currently alive can be involved in politics at any level. Then move on to the Lords and all those fuckers and kick them out on their arse from politics.

16 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They're clearly in no way the least privileged family in the UK thats fucking absurd. I still would not want their lives, it is a servitude born into a birdcage of protocol and PR. Monarchy should be abolished for the sake of future generations of their family alone. Abolish it, take back most of their property and wealth, still leave them a fairly wealthy family and no generation of them currently alive can be involved in politics at any level. Then move on to the Lords and all those fuckers and kick them out on their arse from politics.

Especially Lord Sugar. I hope the cunt would live up to his name and dissolve upon being immersed in boiling water.

11 hours ago, Anubis said:

I initially thought this was a Daily Mash piss-take, but apparently he’s got a specially designed Landrover Defender to act as his hearse.

land_rover_2.jpg

Fuck off really? Each to their own like. I was fully expecting elephants and all that shabang.