You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Prince Philip...

I reckon Margaret and Philip kind of epitomise what happens when you've got nothing to get out of bed for. The Queen had 'a job' but they were simply accessories. When your ever material need is satisfied but you've got nothing else to do, you go a bit fucked up, that's why ageing rock stars and actors end up fucked up on drugs and booze.

Philip had the prospect of a life of accomplishment and adventure in the Navy and existed in a very macho world where women were subservient to men, but in his world all that had to be stowed away so he could become breeding stock, Mr Windsor. You'd imagine that promoted serious small man syndrome, bitterness and would explain a lot of the nastiness that sometimes came across in how he acted, possibly why he clearly liked to belittle others as he himself felt belittled. (The son of royal blood, senior Navy officer, told to walk two steps behind A WOMAN, forever.)

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Stickman said:

“Especially with the wildlife charities he supported “

The Tiger that Phillip shot dead in Jaipur was unavailable for comment 

Eyms7zeUYAIlqB1?format=jpg&name=small

Shame somebody didn't shoot the old cunt in response.

Tigers are fucking awesome and shooting them should be followed with the hunter becoming Tiger food.

• Upvote 3

I'm missing him already, this grief has driven me to verse....

Seems to me he lived his life like a loafer on the scrounge

Never knowing, when to wind his fucking neck in

Though I wouldn't have liked to shag Liz

Coz she's a slag

The freebies burned out long before, his racism ever did

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

I'm missing him already, this grief has driven me to verse....

Seems to me he lived his life like a loafer on the scrounge

Never knowing, when to wind his fucking neck in

Though I wouldn't have liked to shag Liz

Coz she's a slag

The freebies burned out long before, his racism ever did

Haha, Bernie Taupin couldn't have written better.

Repped.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PestiRed said:

He turned up in Hungary once, called everyone fat and then fucked off again. You don’t get that kind of diplomacy from these new modern royals

I wonder if he had an equerry specifically to help him with his racism.

"This fellow is Chinese, Higgins. What shall I call him?"

"Slitty-eyed and untrustworthy, Your Highness."

"And these Hungarian chaps?"

"Fat, Your Highness."

Some twat Royal sycophant on BBC said that "he modernised the Royal family". These Royal experts get paid to chat 100 per cent bullshit. They just say the first thing that comes into their mind. 

Am I missing something here. He was basically someone's racist old Grandad who hated anyone who was darker than him or didn't have the same breeding stock as him. Always insulting everyone and every time he was wheeled out in public everyone was waiting for him to say something racist, patronising, obnoxious or cringeworthy and embarass everyone. Except it wasn't at a wedding or christening, it was representing the country on official visits abroad. 

The BBC showed all the gun salutes from across the country before at dinnertime. I thought Americans were cringeworthy over patriotic cunts but this was worse than any Michael Bay film.

• Upvote 1