You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Prince Philip...

6 minutes ago, A Red said:

He was a bloke of his age and his privilege wont have helped his views, but as we have seen on this forum someone can be a racist or a homophobe for example and change with the times. Maybe he did.

Had to rep this; echoes of Tom Paine arguing that Citizen Louis Capet shouldn't be executed, because he acted exactly as anyone in his circumstances might have. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

To be fair, I haven't seen anyone 'celebrating' it. Cheeky little 'get in' that I've got some points on the deadpool but I think everyone in it had him. Without doubt he's a historical figure etc but not everyone falls for the facade that the royals are some sort of special entity whose lives we should all celebrate/mourn. He did some great things in the war by all accounts and that is commendable for sure. 

5 minutes ago, Poster said:

Burn in hell you cunt. 

He would have have been 100 in a month or so, if that isn't a fucking good innings then I do not know what is. 

tenor.gif

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Wouldn’t give you the gold award?

No, he hated the RAF Police and I was ordered to a remote crash gate to let him and his wife in to the base in secret.

He made all RAFP working on the Queen's flight remove all of their police accoutrements as it was rumoured he once had a 'to do' with one of us. So because he was a small minded prick he got his wife to change military rules and they had to adhere to this stupid order. Every time the queen lands abroad there's an RAF Policeman standing there at the base the steps, only because of him he just looks like some other grunt. The Queen's flight was disbanded a while ago, they lease or rent flights now I think. 

My Sgt told the people making the request for one of us to stand on this gate in our no.1 uniform that we wouldn't do it unless we wore our police accoutrements. After all we worked hard to get them and without them we were under military law, improperly dressed. 

So there I was standing there in the middle of nowhere when the motorbikes and Range Rovers turned up and I threw one up for the queen (saluted) and that old twat sitting next to her turned the other way on purpose. 

So I decided if the can judge us all on one incident then I could judge him on my incident. Fuck him.

As I said earlier, it's more of a standing joke with me and my mates now. 

• Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, Poster said:

No, he hated the RAF Police and I was ordered to a remote crash gate to let him and his wife in to the base in secret.

He made all RAFP working on the Queen's flight remove all of their police accoutrements as it was rumoured he once had a 'to do' with one of us. So because he was a small minded prick he got his wife to change military rules and they had to adhere to this stupid order. Evert time the queen lands abroad there's an RAF Policeman standing there at the base the steps, only because of him he just looks like some other grunt. 

My Sgt told the people making the request for one of us to stand on this gate in our no.1 uniform that we wouldn't do it unless we wore our police accoutrements. After all we worked hard to get them and without them we were under military law, improperly dressed. 

So there I was standing there in the middle of nowhere when the motorbikes and Range Rovers turned up and I threw one up for the queen (saluted) and that old twat sitting next to her turned the other way on purpose. 

So I decided if the can judge us all on one incident then I could judge him on my incident. Fuck him.

He's been drinking the blood of pre pubescent children for decades and all youre arsed about is your uniform!

6 minutes ago, Poster said:

He made all RAFP working on the Queen's flight remove all of their police accoutrements as it was rumoured he once had a 'to do' with one of us. So because he was a small minded prick he got his wife to change military rules and they had to adhere to this stupid order. Every time the queen lands abroad there's an RAF Policeman standing there at the base the steps, only because of him he just looks like some other grunt. The Queen's flight was disbanded a while ago, they lease or rent flights now I think. 

I salute you. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The man deserves respect unlike his son he didn't fuck his food.

I don't think you deserve respect for just not fucking your food, basic human decency is a given. He had nearly 100 years, so he gets the last laugh. Can't say I can find any sadness at all for him. 

I feel sorry for the Queen. 

11 minutes ago, Poster said:

As I said earlier, it's more of a standing joke with me and my mates now. 

You should have dragged him out the car, thrown him to the floor, and shouted “YOU'RE NICKED, YOU SLAAAAAG!!!”

• Upvote 1