You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How confident do you feel for next season?

Section_31

Tne thing about having a great manager and signing players that are suited to our style and are actually good at football is that they don't need much time to settle. Alisson, Naby and Fab should slot right in. Shaq will take some time and a lot of work. For him though it's not mega important as I'm sure he's seen as a project.

If our forwards can repeat anything like their form of last season I reckon our new signings could easily help us to at least ten more points. Where that leaves us will depend on what our competitors do which is mostly outside our control.

Hard to predict what we'll win or not win, but one thing is for sure. We're exciting to watch. It's exciting again for the right reasons. There is a great atmosphere and optimism and it is genuinely good football to watch.

Footy is great again.

• Upvote 1

Hard to predict what we'll win or not win, but one thing is for sure. We're exciting to watch. It's exciting again for the right reasons. There is a great atmosphere and optimism and it is genuinely good football to watch.

Footy is great again.

This.

We obviously all want some silver but it’s just really good to be in situation where you head to the ground and know that your team is going to have a real go.

Excited and I can’t wait for the season to begin.

Haven’t been this excited in many a season. The club looks to be moving onto even more exciting directions with the business we’ve done the last two summers

Not only that we’ve actually and finally addressed weaknesses with a real intent.

Fucking brilliant.

They always say you build a great side from the defence out.  Klopp has done the opposite, with Van Dijk, Fabinho and Alisson only arriving in the past six months.

Really interesting to see how together they improve the style he's already implemented to impressive effect, because he was clearly doing without what he sees as crucial attributes in each of those positions until now.

How many points will win the league this season do you reckon? I reckon Man City will get at least 90.

I think City will find it tougher this season as teams raise their games against them as champions and they try and win the European Cup. I think games between the top sides will become more significant this year. Often it's been the side that steamrolls over the other 14 sides that wins it. However, I think us, City and the Mancs will all do that this season, which will bring the focus back onto the top six games.

The 09 team was fucking frightening on paper. We just had (as has been the case for years) a few bits of garbage. That 4 nil against Real Madrid was my favourite memory of that side. Well that and beating the mancs 4:1 at old Trafford. Torres get in my bed lad

Was on a stag weekend in Edinburgh for that match watched it crammed in a bar with a load of reds and Mancs.

Strangely the Mancs drifted off at 3-1 Great day and weekend .

The more I think about it it the more excited I'm getting. Been a while since I've been this positive about our team, we're gonna cunt everybody in the bastard, this is our year.

Really fucking hope we draw Madrid in the champions league, we'll absolutely murder them.

Actually now I mention it I've changed my antidepressants recently so maybe that's what's making me so optimistic.

Good Times.

• Upvote 2

need to improve our record against the top sides which slipped a bit last season, whilst our results against the lesser lights largely improved.

year before that it was vice versa. marry the two together for once and we are laughing.

we can influence the other challengers and what they do by putting pressure on by breathing down their necks from the off. we've got the firepower to do that and what looks like a more solid base

For the first time since 08/09 I think top 4 should be a formality. How far we go depends on our competition, but there's no doubt that City had more than a fair share of luck last season. How many wins did they secure in overtime? 4-5? 

I think our first XI is definitely stronger, with two of the weakest areas addressed, and hopefully Keita will bring that special something to unlock the sticky teams we face, but I still think we’re miles behind city in terms of squad depth, so don’t see us challenging for the title particularly.

I think we should be expecting to be closer, and right now I’d say we’re the best of the rest, but there’s time for that to change.