You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Now TV

Section_31

Its a monthly subscription

The box is whatever it is but you need a entertainment package sub, think you can buy a 3 month one for £15.

I have the entertainment sub and use it on my laptop at work. 

Pretty good value

I got it for GoT and they sent me a little box for the tv

Have to say it's ace

Did exactly the same mq but watched most of what I wanted now so wondering whether to jib it until GoT comes back. Anybody any idea when the next series will be on Sky Atlantic / Now TV ?

Did exactly the same mq but watched most of what I wanted now so wondering whether to jib it until GoT comes back. Anybody any idea when the next series will be on Sky Atlantic / Now TV ?

I heard it was April 2019
  • Upvote 1

You don't have to pay £25 at all, to my knowledge. 

It's £7.99 a month for Entertainment Pass (HBO content from Sky Atlantic, etc.) and then £9.99 for the Cinema Pass (Sky Movies et al.) per month. 

Is there some kind of intro offer or something? 

If you’re just after watching the latest shows and movies then paying a monthly fee for anything is daft these days. All you need is your broadband connection and a device to play streaming apps through. A Firestick will work but a half decent Android box is so much better.

There’s no need for Sky, NowTV, Netflix or Amazon Prime. TerrariumTV is so easy to use that it’ll leave you wondering why you didn’t get onto it earlier. Kodi will take a little bit of reading until you get used to it properly but between those two apps alone there’s almost nothing you can’t watch. Then there’s other apps like Freeflix and Showbox.

I can guarantee that once you’ve got the hang of it, you’ll move on to IPTV. All the UK channels, shitloads of foreign ones, PPV’s and 3pm kick offs, all for £50-£60 a year.

There’s loads of help for all that stuff on the TNF. Google and YouTube throw up countless tutorials. Give it a go, stick it to Murdoch and stop buying his shit.

Terrarium TV

http://terrarium-tv.com

FreeflixHQ

https://freeflixhq.com

Kodi

https://kodi.tv

• Upvote 2

If you’re just after watching the latest shows and movies then paying a monthly fee for anything is daft these days. All you need is your broadband connection and a device to play streaming apps through. A Firestick will work but a half decent Android box is so much better.

There’s no need for Sky, NowTV, Netflix or Amazon Prime. TerrariumTV is so easy to use that it’ll leave you wondering why you didn’t get onto it earlier. Kodi will take a little bit of reading until you get used to it properly but between those two apps alone there’s almost nothing you can’t watch. Then there’s other apps like Freeflix and Showbox.

I can guarantee that once you’ve got the hang of it, you’ll move on to IPTV. All the UK channels, shitloads of foreign ones, PPV’s and 3pm kick offs, all for £50-£60 a year.

There’s loads of help for all that stuff on the TNF. Google and YouTube throw up countless tutorials. Give it a go, stick it to Murdoch and stop buying his shit.

Terrarium TV

http://terrarium-tv.com

FreeflixHQ

https://freeflixhq.com

Kodi

https://kodi.tv

Is Terrarium a kodi add on?

Bought it once to watch a live sporting event and it was 5 minutes behind. Much slower than dodgy streams.

Streams are inherently behind the TV feed. It's just the nature of the beauty at this stage. It's getting better. During the World Cup I found my YouTube TV stream in the US was only around the broadcast TV feed. But in terms of convenience Now TV is great. Allows you to duck in and out when you want, is reliable, picture quality FAR outstrips any pirated stream and you don't have to deal with ads, malware and them constantly cutting off in the middle of games.

There's a fair point and discussion to be had about it though, CT. If everyone moves to illegal forms of streaming, where content providers and creators aren't getting money, then there's ultimately a price to pay for some at some point.

Same with music streaming, the impact of fewer people paying for music now is that gigs and physical media cost more to those that still want those things, because that's the only way that a lot of artists can make money now.

There's a fair point and discussion to be had about it though, CT. If everyone moves to illegal forms of streaming, where content providers and creators aren't getting money, then there's ultimately a price to pay for some at some point.

There’s always gonna be enough people paying full whack for TV packages, due to them being slightly easier to use than the alternatives and the perceived stigma of illegal streaming. If you’re savvy enough then I say fuck them off. I don’t mind the Netflix model to be honest. What is it now, £8 a month? That’s palatable. What isn’t, to me at least, is people being charged upwards of £100 p/m to watch a few films and the odd game of footy.

I do deserve some stick for saying ‘Stick it to Murdoch’ on the last page, before revealing I use Sky for broadband though. I didn’t really think that through. I jibbed off all the TV and disabled outgoing calls on my landline but BT fucked me around when I was trying to switch. Might be time to look into that again.

Netlfix won't be £8 a month forever, it's almost doubled in price in 5 years, and as companies cotton on to how stupid it is to sell their content to other providers, you'll find streaming services fracture and there'll be more £10 p/m subs being paid by you and it all adds up.

And I've never had an illegal stream that's as good as the picture from a legal source. There's been some that have been really good but never on par or better.

I have been building my own personal Netflix for the last ten years. I’ve got 16TB of TV and Movies. Most of them in 1080p 10bit or 4K. It’s just a fucking chore to keep it updated. Plex has been great though. The only thing I have a problem with is live sports. That’s pretty much sorted now, too.

It cost a lot of money to buy all those TV Shows and Movies. They’re all legally obtained.

• Downvote 1