You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

9 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Is he our best ever 'keeper?

Hard to say because of times a changing and all that, but damn, I'm glad we've got him, he's like Schmeichel was for the Mancs when they were winning every damn thing in their golden period, worth at least 10 points a season.

I'm 38, so only caught thread tail end of Grobbelaars career. 

But without a shadow of a doubt he's the best keeper I've seen in my life time at Liverpool. 

There's no denying the fact our defence is fairly excellent to begin with. But fuck me pink, it's getting to the stage that you'd better score a worldie, because anything less then perfection from the opposing striker, then alisson saves it. 

It's he worth 10 points a season. I wouldnt be shocked if this season is even more..... That's how good he's been. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, chrisbonnie said:

I'm 38, so only caught thread tail end of Grobbelaars career. 

But without a shadow of a doubt he's the best keeper I've seen in my life time at Liverpool. 

There's no denying the fact our defence is fairly excellent to begin with. But fuck me pink, it's getting to the stage that you'd better score a worldie, because anything less then perfection from the opposing striker, then alisson saves it. 

It's he worth 10 points a season. I wouldnt be shocked if this season is even more..... That's how good he's been. 

Yeah I'm a similar age to yourself so I can't comment on anyone before Brucie or the football played at that time, for me he's the best I've seen, easily.

22 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Is he our best ever 'keeper?

Hard to say because of times a changing and all that, but damn, I'm glad we've got him, he's like Schmeichel was for the Mancs when they were winning every damn thing in their golden period, worth at least 10 points a season.

Since I started supporting us (1996/97):

1. Alisson

2. Reina

3. Mignolet

4. James

5. Westerveld

6. Karius

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Since I started supporting us 1996/97:

1. Alisson

2. Reina

3. Mignolet

4. James

5. Westerveld

6. Karius

Should have stopped at 5, mate.

Edit: I'd have Westerveld ahead of Mig too.

Edit 2: Where's Dudek?

Edit 3: Where's Adrian?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

This probably leads to less shots on target for the opposition too, been times where I've seen attackers hesitate, by which point Alisson has closed the gap or Virgil has swooped in and dispossessed them. Or they try too hard to hit it perfectly and they spoon it wide. 

Amazing that he's so good that the attackers have already mentally lost before they even get on the pitch. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, aws said:

Best since Clemence.  

Yep. But its hard to compare the two given the advances in goalkeeping technology and the game in general. Clemence played in an era of Sunday League quality pitches and sometimes played without gloves,or at least with nothing more than gardening style gloves. Alisson's distribution is phenomenal though and this type of service is transforming a goalkeeper's role to a whole new level.

Both great keepers.

• Upvote 1