Quantcast
Alisson Becker - Page 78 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
viRdjil

Alisson Becker

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Reina was excellent in his first couple of seasons,far better than he has been given credit for. His dip in ability afterwards was quite rapid and spectacular.

He is given an amazing amount of credit for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

So, so much better with his feet than Reina. Better all around than Reina, of course. Especially in his later years when he was just shit. Even in his good years, he wasn't even close to being the best in the World. 

Correct

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he's that great with his feet. He's good, but it's being over-stated a bit I reckon.

 

The ugly goon at City is genuinely spectacular with his feet. Alisson isn't anything special in comparison, but is clearly a better all around keeper.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dave u said:

I don't think he's that great with his feet. He's good, but it's being over-stated a bit I reckon.

 

The ugly goon at City is genuinely spectacular with his feet. Alisson isn't anything special in comparison, but is clearly a better all around keeper.

I’d go with this. Allison is very good on the ball, whereas Ederson has the passing range of a playmaker. In terms of the bread and butter, Alisson is ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ederson is absolutely miles ahead of any other goalkeeper in the history of the game with his feet. He's on a tier of his own in that respect.

 

Alisson would be in the second tier with Neuer and Ter Stegen. I'd say he's 3rd best behind Ederson and Ter Stegen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/11/2019 at 18:34, lifetime fan said:


We’ll have to agree to disagree. 
 

Reina was the best ‘sweeper keeper’ in the world. Rafa even played him in midfield in a preseason game. 
 

 

Reina could have been the difference between 2nd and 1st in 2013/14, but we got the pear salesman instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reina was very good with his feet and mostly very good with his hands. Sadly he had a brief period of being not very good at stopping balls hitting the back of the net. Especially toward the end of his tenure here, he recovered soon after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Reina was very good with his feet and mostly very good with his hands. Sadly he had a brief period of being not very good at stopping balls hitting the back of the net. Especially toward the end of his tenure here, he recovered soon after.

He was poor (by his standards) in 2011/12 and the first half of 2012/13. His form then started to pick up, but clearly not enough to convince Rodgers to keep him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He was poor (by his standards) in 2011/12 and the first half of 2012/13. His form then started to pick up, but clearly not enough to convince Rodgers to keep him.

Bit of a perfect storm there I reckon.  The owners were quite happy to be rid of his wages, Reina had finally had enough and Rodgers was pissed that Reina didn't respect him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Bit of a perfect storm there I reckon.  The owners were quite happy to be rid of his wages, Reina had finally had enough and Rodgers was pissed that Reina didn't respect him.

I think there were some Barcelona rumours flying around, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He was poor (by his standards) in 2011/12 and the first half of 2012/13. His form then started to pick up, but clearly not enough to convince Rodgers to keep him.

I think he had had enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if we’re talking about goalkeepers who can produce magic with the ball at their feet, can’t forget to mention this guy

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who gives a fuck if he may be slightly inferior with his feet?? A good portion of his score involvements come from a quick release by hand, and you'd be hard pressed finding another keeper who is better in that aspect of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×