You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

No homo but Karius is better looking than Allison. Beards are fucking shite unless you're an Ancient Greek philosopher.. Short back and sides, a clean-shaven face and no fucking tattoos should be mandatory for men.

Shaving is for people who would rather spend time preening themselves than eating donuts and masturbating.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ive always thought he looks a bit stiff. Like he’s not as agile as a Lloris and De Gea. That video pretty much confirmed it. Not sure if that will be a problem down the line. A lot of the shots in the video are straight at him. There’s not many blinding saves in there. He seems a lot better with his feet and kicking than I’ve seen before though and there’s a lot of those saves and get to your feet quickly to close the space situations.

Pro:

Brilliant to be linked with one of the best keepers in the world. You can imagine the parade we'd have if linked with the best in other positions, such as Mbappe or Messi or De Bruyne.

Very likely to be twice as good as Karius and Mignolet.

Cons:

Seemingly drawn to Madrid or Barca, on this occassion not getting there, but possibly always angling for that move.

Is this £70m going to stop us getting someone else we need?

Fragility of confidence can transform a goalkeeper very quickly. Not only is he under intense pressure due to being in a Liverpool shirt, but also because of the fee, and the media will be aching to tear him down publicly.

Dunno.

I think there is a likelihood that we had a financial plan in the event of Alisson/Fekir being available or not.

It likely revolves around player sales being x in the instance of both being available, and player sales being y if we could only get one of them.

It seems that we might have had a scenario where we don't sell Lallana, or we do. Same with Sturridge. For example, I'm not sure now if we're looking at fuck all being left in the kitty to find a Bobby Firmino back-up as a result of getting both Alisson and Fekir over the line, if we do so.

Not agile? What? He has the reactions of a cat.

When the ball is close to him I think his reactions are quick I’ll give you that but look at the saves where they are away from his body, it’s like a Hendo penalty. You know he’s going there about half an hour before it happens. I think by agility I meant more acrobatic or light on his feet rather his reactions.

From the games against us and the Brazil World Cup matched he didn’t really do anything that made you think “best keeper in the world”. But small sample sizes and all that.

From the six minutes of highlights I’ve just watched I can definitively say that he’s pretty good at getting his hands on shots, but not great at catching them.

No homo but Karius is better looking than Allison. Beards are fucking shite unless you're an Ancient Greek philosopher.. Short back and sides, a clean-shaven face and no fucking tattoos should be mandatory for men.

I pity you clean-shavies. You'll never know the exquisite pleasure of stroking your beard when deep in thought, or twirling your moustache to appear Machiavellian.

• Upvote 1

I bet you bleach your arsehole, you quim.

• Upvote 1

When the ball is close to him I think his reactions are quick I’ll give you that but look at the saves where they are away from his body, it’s like a Hendo penalty. You know he’s going there about half an hour before it happens. I think by agility I meant more acrobatic or light on his feet rather his reactions.

I think we have what old folk would call a disagreement, mate.