Quantcast
Alisson Becker - Page 60 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
viRdjil

Alisson Becker

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yes, I've heard it from others too. Almost every time I'm shown an example of it, it's a reaction save that somebody like Mignolet would have let in. He could improve by being absolutely perfect at all times, but I'll settle for a world class save instead of it going in. Either way, I file in the folder with 'Suarez can't finish' and 'Salah looks slow' that people also noted. 

Why are you always looking for an argument or being so arrogant as if you have all the right answers and nobody else does? The example yesterday was a good save but it just reminded somebody of a slight weak point in Alisson's game and as I said earlier,its something a top player will hopefully look at and work on,or at least his coaching staff should. And Suarez or Salah can't finish,they are rubbish!!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

The difference with Alisson in goal is amazing and I agree with a poster the other day who said he doesn't expect goals when the opposition get a chance this season whereas every single one seemed a goal previously. My only technical worry with him is that he has a tendency to slap saves back out and not get them wide of the goal , the second Hazard chance being a prime example.

I wish Karius was capable of slapping saves. 

57 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

No,its an observation that a few have voiced and I've noticed myself. It may seem like nit picking but with top goalkeepers they will always look for small areas to improve and I think this is one he could improve on. He's still a superb GK but everybody can improve in some way.

You/they may well be correct, but the poster I was replying to was using the 2nd Hazard chance as an example of him not parrying it to safety. That is complete bollocks. He might need to improve aspects of his game but using the Hazard chance as an example is complete bullshit. 

57 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

You/they may well be correct, but the poster I was replying to was using the 2nd Hazard chance as an example of him not parrying it to safety. That is complete bollocks. He might need to improve aspects of his game but using the Hazard chance as an example is complete bullshit. 

I did not think it was that difficult a save , thought Hazard made a mess of it and barely caught it.

You disagree and that is fair enough , but your responses seem overly aggressive to be honest.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Why are you always looking for an argument or being so arrogant as if you have all the right answers and nobody else does? The example yesterday was a good save but it just reminded somebody of a slight weak point in Alisson's game and as I said earlier,its something a top player will hopefully look at and work on,or at least his coaching staff should. And Suarez or Salah can't finish,they are rubbish!!

Yes. He will work on being unreasonably perfect. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Needs to start coming when VVD tells him. Cost us a goal against Fulham. Happened against Porto and again yesterday. 

Other than that and occasionally just needing to put the ball into touch I think he's probably the 2nd best keeper behind de gea 

De Gea makes a lot of blunders. I don't think he's the shot-stopping machine of two years ago. Alisson is miles better than him in every department, in my humble opinion.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Needs to start coming when VVD tells him. Cost us a goal against Fulham. Happened against Porto and again yesterday. 

Disagree completely -- since children you are taught that the keeper always makes that call.

VvD was at fault at Fulham - the ball was way to far out for the keeper.

12 minutes ago, Byrnie said:

De Gea makes a lot of blunders. I don't think he's the shot-stopping machine of two years ago. Alisson is miles better than him in every department, in my humble opinion.

De Gea has made a few mistakes this season. I don't watch enough of United to comment on who is the best keeper as of now. Alisson is still a good way off the standards that De Gea has set in previous seasons though.

I would say Alisson is a very good keeper. No more than that as it stands.

Exactly that above. He's very good but has room for improvements. Not unreasonable improvements either. 

I don't agree with the shot stopping, can't ask for more than he offers right now in that respect. 

But his passing and general distribution is brutal at times. 

• Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Compared to who? If he is brutal then 17 keepers in this league should not even try to kick it.

19 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It's certainly not as eye-catchingly great as it was when he first arrived. But maybe he was told to keep things simple after a few incidents like the one against Leicester?

I'm far less concerned about than than about the nuts and bolts stuff that he excels at anyway.

I have no idea what "the Messi of goalkeepers" would even mean.

Our goalie is dead fucking good. No such thing as a perfect goalie. All goalies will make a mistake now and again, it's just the nature of the job. Any job, in fact. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Disagree completely -- since children you are taught that the keeper always makes that call.

VvD was at fault at Fulham - the ball was way to far out for the keeper.

When I was a child I was always thought to do as Virgil Van Djik says.

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

I did not think it was that difficult a save , thought Hazard made a mess of it and barely caught it.

You disagree and that is fair enough , but your responses seem overly aggressive to be honest.

It wasn’t a difficult save, Hazard mis-hit it from such close range there was nothing Alison could do but get in the way of it, but to expect him to get enough on the ball to keep it away from danger when it just hits him from such close range is a bit silly. As I say, you may well be correct in your overall critique but to use that as an example to prove your point is silly *

* not overly aggressive 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

It's certainly not as eye-catchingly great as it was when he first arrived. But maybe he was told to keep things simple after a few incidents like the one against Leicester?

I'm far less concerned about than than about the nuts and bolts stuff that he excels at anyway.

His technique is brilliant but he doesn't have the composure with the ball that someone like Ederson has.

4 hours ago, Thoth said:

Anyone moaning needs to remember last season!

Exactly this.

Eaten bread is soon forgotten.

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

I have no idea what "the Messi of goalkeepers" would even mean.

Our goalie is dead fucking good. No such thing as a perfect goalie. All goalies will make a mistake now and again, it's just the nature of the job. Any job, in fact. 

I remember that quote. That was either his goalkeeping coach at Sao Paulo or Claudio Taffarel. I remember the justification being that he was the most complete keeper he'd seen. I don't think that's too far off personally, and he's only 26. He's got another 4-5 years before he's in goalkeeper prime years.