You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

15 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Who’s crying? Did you see much of Clemence? If you did and you think Alisson is already better then in my opinion you’re wrong. That ok?

You're crying, obviously

Yeah, I saw a lot of Clemence and he was very good

I also saw a midget Shilton take away his England place

I think Alisson is better

Other heretical thoughts include Torres being better than Rush

• Downvote 3

33 minutes ago, mattyq said:

You mean in your opinion you don't think Alisson is better than Clem

Don't cry about it

Clem played 11 years for us missing just 6 games !

Amongst other things he won 5 titles and 3 EC's plus a couple of domestic cups 

Alisson has some way to go 

• Upvote 5

Just now, magicrat said:

I know this

It goes back to the Gerrard never won a League so he's not as good as Ronnie Whelan who won loads argument.

I know Becker has only  played only 20 odd games for us and I know I'm probably getting caught up in the excitement but I think he's a better goalie than Clem

Obviously, he will have to prove this over time and I think he will

6 minutes ago, magicrat said:

This is a bit like the where does Suarez rank argument. He's arguably the most talented footballer to ever play for the club, yet he won bugger all, was a complete tit to us, and fucked off after a few years. 

Just now, mattyq said:

I know this

It goes back to the Gerrard never won a League so he's not as good as Ronnie Whelan who won loads argument.

I know Becker has only  played only 20 odd games for us and I know I'm probably getting caught up in the excitement but I think he's a better goalie than Clem

You maybe right but Salah is light years ahead of Keegan doesn't necessarily mean he is a better player  . Footballers are better trained and far more athletic than they were 40 years ago.

Clem in his era was amongst the best in the world . You can only judge how good a player was compared to his peers

25 minutes ago, mattyq said:

You're crying, obviously

You seem to be upset not me, if it’s the neg many apologies. If you saw a lot of Clemence and think less than half a season makes Allison better then that’s fine.

21 minutes ago, mattyq said:

I know this

Not being funny in anyway but who uses the Gerrard/Whelan argument?

On 12/13/2018 at 7:15 PM, mattyq said:

You're crying, obviously

So because shit England managers dumped Clemence for Shilton,despite Clemence fantastic record at Liverpool,this indicates a major weakness on his part? Nonsense.

• Upvote 2

Utter fluke today - he gets really good hands round it, brings it down but it just catches his knee and - perhaps because of the rain - it squirts out. Not the greatest goalkeeping but it happens. Impressed with how he just clears his head and gets on with it.

• Upvote 3

The howler is blown out of proportion a bit to be honest. We just have incredibly high standards these days. 

He's made about two or three mistakes in his entire time here, there was times last year where we'd see that many in a single game, and one game in particular stands out above all the others. 

There was a moment on Sky's coverage where they were showing replays of something and apparently Allison was doing something with the ball while the crowd were making very worried sounds. They never showed what actually happened.

Any idea what happened? I got the feeling it was something to do with him having the ball at his feet with their players around him...