You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Looking at the penalty from behind Mahrez, even if it had been under the bar I'd have fancied him to save it. Went the right way and made himself big. Good save on his near post as well.

He has that aura about him that Shilton, Schmichal or Seaman at their best used to have. Just being the keeper makes strikers try and be more precise than they would in normal situations.

I'm with you on the penalty, unless it goes in off the underneath of the bar he's saving it.

He has physical presence and presence of mind. Like most of the very best keepers, he doesn’t waste time parlaying the routine into something for the cameras.

Whether he’ll ultimately be as good for as long remains to be seen, but on the evidence so far he’s better than Reina, let alone those we’ve had since.

Wasn’t there a clown on here eager to label him Karius-esque a few games ago?

On 10/7/2018 at 8:04 PM, Section_31 said:

All the fucking around with moneyball the last ten years or so and once again it's been proven that if you buy quality you get quality. 

This fellas and Big Virg. Expensive, known quality, transform your side. That's what it's all about.

It's almost like Ferguson overall paying giant sums for top talent from his very first prem win until the end was effective as a means of improving your team "overall"

Wasn't his first league win after the highest spend on a team ever 26 million or some shit can't remember.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great goalie. Reckon he's top 5 in the world. Says so much for our defence that because of them we are in a title race. Once baby keith and the three lads up front begin kicking on, we will be top class. Fabinho is coming on very nicely as well.

On a sidenote, i wouldn't be overly bothered if we go out of the champions league. We don't have the squad to challenge for both.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Great goalie. Reckon he's top 5 in the world. Says so much for our defence that because of them we are in a title race. Once baby keith and the three lads up front begin kicking on, we will be top class. Fabinho is coming on very nicely as well.

On a sidenote, i wouldn't be overly bothered if we go out of the champions league. We don't have the squad to challenge for both.

Gianluigi Buffon thinks he’s top three. I’ll settle for that.

I honestly think our points tally so far would be in the high twenties if we still had one of last years options in goal.

42 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Gianluigi Buffon thinks he’s top three. I’ll settle for that.

I honestly think our points tally so far would be in the high twenties if we still had one of last years options in goal.

I agree. We have a proper defence but he's as much the reason as big virg that we are where we are.