You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

I'm still finding I'm having a strange feeling when a decent shot is hit on our goal and our keeper saves it. A nice fuzzy warm feeling of relief. 

For years some people kept saying Mignolet was a decent shot stopper he was fucking awful.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mark M said:

I'm still finding I'm having a strange feeling when a decent shot is hit on our goal and our keeper saves it. A nice fuzzy warm feeling of relief. 

For years some people kept saying Mignolet was a decent shot stopper he was fucking awful.  

He was for some of his career. 6 months with us sorted that out though. 

7 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Who would have thought that paying top dollar for a goalkeeper that actually makes top saves is working out it's madness I tell you 

Already well worth the money. I love him I really do John. In a gay way as well. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, El Rojo said:

For all his reputation for quality distribution and fancy footwork, it's the stone age, forgotten skills of stopping-the-ball-going-into-his-net that he's excelling at. Refreshingly old-school.

It's amazing what we have been missing. Just the simple stuff he's doing looks out of this world simply because we've had various packets of crisps in goal since Reina left.

On 10/5/2018 at 9:06 AM, ZonkoVille77 said:

It's amazing what we have been missing. Just the simple stuff he's doing looks out of this world simply because we've had various packets of crisps in goal since Reina left.

And many were criticising Reina during his time here too. You don't know what you have until its gone. Reina is still playing too.

Reina was still better than the two clowns that came after him.

Karius was defended by many on here as being better than Mingolet. Damning with faint praise.

When it simply boils down to the fact that he wasn't good enough to meet out aspirations.

• Upvote 2