You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

You must all have stronger constitutions than me.

I've got flashbacks to Brucie.

I'm on beta blockers.

If you want to enjoy the thrill of the rollercoaster you have to accept the stomach churning as well. It's all part of the fun.

He's not going to change, we knew exactly what we've signed. He is a footballer first and a goalkeeper second.

The chip was exquisite but he did take a couple of needless risks. Overall I liked what I saw though, especially the two commanding punches that he came for. No nonsense, strong punches that went diagonally away from the goal and not smack bang down the middle. The save late on was sharp but one I expect and want my keeper to make.

He looks like he's going to be a good signing but he can't take too many risks in one game like that because he will get caught out at some point.

Personally I don't want a keeper doing tricks around opposing forwards . I doubt Klopp does either. Good with his feet and excellent distribution is one thing , showboating is another especially with the match in the balance, I expect he has already had the message from the manager.

I like him just the way he is.

It'll probably make him a worse player if he started trying too hard to behave himself, he'd be less relaxed and might bring some hesitation into his game.

Plus it gets the crowd going a bit, sometimes you need a bit of a lift. usually it comes from good attacking play, sometimes an inch perfect 50 yard pass, sometimes it's a hard but tidy tackle, now we have a keeper that takes the piss out of opposition strikers.

Conceded zero goals, he can do what the fuck he wants if it stays like that.

Might affect the oppositions mindset towards attacking us too.

You can imagine it giving their attackers a bit of a confidence boost seeing Karius or Mingolet between the sticks. They'd be trying to get a shot off whenever and there's a good chance it'd force an error.

With this sexy bastard oozing confidence and skinning the attackers it'll cause them to hesitate a bit. Thinking that they need to wait for the perfect time to shoot, because otherwise he'll end up stopping it with ease, then once the moment has passed they've got Virgil to deal with.

It all adds to the air of invincibility that we're trying to build, the other team plays within themselves out of fear of being made to look like cunts, not even attackers are safe anymore.

Might affect the oppositions mindset towards attacking us too.

You can imagine it giving their attackers a bit of a confidence boost seeing Karius or Mingolet between the sticks. They'd be trying to get a shot off whenever and there's a good chance it'd force an error.

With this sexy bastard oozing confidence and skinning the attackers it'll cause them to hesitate a bit. Thinking that they need to wait for the perfect time to shoot, because otherwise he'll end up stopping it with ease, then once the moment has passed they've got Virgil to deal with.

It all adds to the air of invincibility that we're trying to build, the other team plays within themselves out of fear of being made to look like cunts, not even attackers are safe anymore.

In all three games I honestly think we would have conceded a goal with either Karius or Mignolet in goal. Great saves against Brighton and Palace, his size also forced Townsend to attempt a worldie into the top corner which hits the bar (against the others he gets more goal to play with and possibly scores), possibly against West Ham maybe there's no goal for them.

Brighton and Palace have been visibly effected by him and they know they have a mission on their hands to score. Add van Dijk and it's an uphill task and with all the attacking talent on the wings, in midfield and upfront it's going to take an almighty effort for a team to beat us this year. Either that or we have a really bad day and they have a really good one.

Maybe that chip came as a result of John Achterbergs revolutionary training techniques.

Ha! Will be interesting to see if he’s given praise for the brilliance of our current goalkeeper, given that the failings of the last few were, for many, largely on him.

Personally, I always fell into the ‘just buy a great goalkeeper’ camp.