aRdja

Alisson Becker

37 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Ref was called Wilma , reckon he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder like a Boy named Sue.

Presumably why he let Alisson off.

• Upvote 3

Just watched this. That first one isn’t even a yellow card, for me. His eyes are constantly on the ball and his only concern is making good contact with the ball. Which he does and then the Ecuadorean bloke runs across the path of his kick when Alisson’s leg is coming back down. What’s he meant to do? Just leave the ball? 

Brazil are synonymous with football.

If I was the Brazil manager in consultation with the federation, I would issue a lifetime ban to Alisson; to make it absolutely clear his behaviour is intolerable, I would also ban both Firmino & Fabinho.

I would subsequently insist that Mrs. Becker and Mrs. Taverez report to my house so that appropriate discipline might be meted out.

Just gives everybody so much confidence, our rock solid foundation and the platform where all else is built.

Howling winds, pissing rain, mongoloid hoards? No fucking problem at all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Kevin D said:

No Napoli level match winning save, but that was as complete a GK performance as I've seen in a while.

Yes, not seen one as good since Henchoz in the Fa Cup Final against Arsenal.

50 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Like a spider crossed with a wall--his ability to move across the pitch whilst blocking as much space as possible, all without getting too close to the attacker is amazing. 

Best keeper I've seen at 1 v 1's since Peter Schmeichel. 

He was really good yesterday and won us the game. Looks like he's lost some weight, looks more agile. 

On 13/02/2022 at 21:44, Tony Moanero said:

Clemence.

Got to admit that I am starting to change my thinking. Unfortunately its a bit like comparing apples and wall plugs as the game is so different now.

31 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Got to admit that I am starting to change my thinking. Unfortunately its a bit like comparing apples and wall plugs as the game is so different now.

Exactly. The modern game is so different now it's getting harder to compare players from different eras. Both amazing in their own right though.