Quantcast
Alisson Becker - Page 11 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
aRdja

Alisson Becker

Going to be weird having a quality keeper for the first time since Reina lost interest.   The fee and hype should mean the fans don't turn on him in pre season like they did with Karius too.

Going to be weird people on here not being able to moan we haven't bought anyone decent!

Going to be weird having a quality keeper for the first time since Reina lost interest. The fee and hype should mean the fans don't turn on him in pre season like they did with Karius too.

Going to be weird having a keeper that's considered the best in his country. I think the last was Dudek.

Since then we've had a series of 3rd-6th choice internationals.

This has been an unbelievable transfer window so far.

Hopefully we'll get a quality centre back in, and maybe Fekir.

At this stage, I think neither is a necessity.

Get rid of some of the deadwood, and we're golden.

Bet West Ham are shitting themselves!

Not arsed about him making a few mistakes to begin with which in all honesty he probably will coming to a new league and all that.

Mingolet saved a pen and kept three clean sheets on the bounce in his first games for us....

And look how that turned out

The Achterberg factor kicked in

Don't care if he's not the "best in the world", top 3, or whatever.

We were operating with a couple of clowns outside the top 100.

It's just like the VVD situation. There was a hole in the team. It got fixed with the best available player out there.

Made up with this.

• Upvote 2

'Pay whatever it takes, you cheap cunts'

'Oh, you're telling me there's nobody better than Karius... liar'

After the bid gets accepted...

'We're overpaying and he's not even the best in the world'

Aight, boys. You need to learn when things are going well.

• Upvote 4

Never hidden that I've always been a fan. He's genuine top 5 imo. De Gea, Courtois, Oblack, Neuer and Alisson. I would have him ahead of Lloris, Ter Stegen, Navas, Donnarumma etc...

On judging goalkeepers I think youtube may be a bit of a problem. You can get a feel for a keeper and the quality of saves he makes but a better way of judging him would be to have a look at the ones he concedes. How many could he realistically have saved/was he at fault for? Best way judge Alisson would be to look at all the goals he let in last season. If there aren't many he could realistically have stopped you know you're onto something.

Secondly I would mention handling. Needless to say 'butterfingers' are not what we are looking for. Great to see a firm hand on a spectacular save but most of the time they need soft hands. Reina IMO had this even if he didn't make a lot of 'unbelievable' saves. I remember watching an Italy game and towards the end of the game the commentator describe Buffon as being immaculate. Hadn't needed to stop many shots but nonetheless impeccably tidy.

• Upvote 1

'Pay whatever it takes, you cheap cunts'

'Oh, you're telling me there's nobody better than Karius... liar'

After the bid gets accepted...

'We're overpaying and he's not even the best in the world'

Aight, boys. You need to learn when things are going well.

It's hard to get to the fact that we are doing well transfer wise. We've been filled for years with players averaging from pure shit to mediocre with the occasional good signing. It's finally looking up and our first eleven now is now looking a real threat and title challenge worthy. Our bench still looks really suspect, but I'm for the first time since Rafa actually thinking we might be in with a shot if we keep our main frontline fresh.

It's hard to get to the fact that we are doing well transfer wise. We've been filled for years with players averaging from pure shit to mediocre with the occasional good signing. It's finally looking up and our first eleven now is now looking a real threat and title challenge worthy. Our bench still looks really suspect, but I'm for the first time since Rafa actually thinking we might be in with a shot if we keep our main frontline fresh.

You know, I'm not sure (when all fit) that it does look that dodgy. We're starting to get some solid depth. 

You know, I'm not sure (when all fit) that it does look that dodgy. We're starting to get some solid depth.

Just that quality genius forward player who can also have a crack at midfield option that we are missing. Then we can win the lot.

Just that quality genius forward player who can also have a crack at midfield option that we are missing. Then we can win the lot.

I've got... a few reservations. I think we're likely to do well next season. I think it can take a long time for some players to settle. I'm hoping that we're not changing too much in one go, and the places we are changing are the right types of player for the system, so they can hit the ground running. 

Was initially edging towards Oblak as my preference , but looking at the two of them now I can see why Jurgen has gone for Alisson.

Oblak is a brilliant reaction goalie but probably the best guarded keeper in the world , with no need for any real skill with his feet and would cost an extra £20 m or so. With our 'sweeper keeper ' system he would be far more exposed than previously. A mate of mine was probably being a bit harsh but described him as the ' Millionaires Nick Pope '.

I’m surprised you lot haven’t posted pics of his wife yet! I blame Dave for breaking the site yesterday, we missed tracking the plane and everything!

Fabinho protecting the centre halves, Alisson behind them and Keita roaming all over the place pressing the life out of teams?

What a terrible season we have ahead of us.

Might even get a clean sheet or two.