Quantcast
Alisson Becker - Page 106 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
aRdja

Alisson Becker

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Chr15 said:

You would think the authorities in both countries would give some leeway given the situation. 

I'm sure all our thoughts are with Alli and his family

to be fair the authorities wouldn't give a flying fuck if he wasn't a footballer, so really it wouldn't seem right to alter any rules for Alisson because he is. It's tough for him and I think everyone has sympathy, which is why most on here are saying if it takes a month, it takes a month. But he won't be the 1st person to miss a loved ones funeral through all this shit and many people had to do that without the need to travel. 

 

I have got to be honest, I don't know if I was in that situation if I would really want to effectively spend a month in quarantine aside from a day in the middle to attend a funeral. Handling death is hard enough without stuff like that. I think I would prefer to go back and spend the summer with my family and pay my respects that way - when also it may be a little easier to travel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

to be fair the authorities wouldn't give a flying fuck if he wasn't a footballer, so really it wouldn't seem right to alter any rules for Alisson because he is. It's tough for him and I think everyone has sympathy, which is why most on here are saying if it takes a month, it takes a month. But he won't be the 1st person to miss a loved ones funeral through all this shit and many people had to do that without the need to travel. 

 

I have got to be honest, I don't know if I was in that situation if I would really want to effectively spend a month in quarantine aside from a day in the middle to attend a funeral. Handling death is hard enough without stuff like that. I think I would prefer to go back and spend the summer with my family and pay my respects that way - when also it may be a little easier to travel. 

Fair point.  If it wasn't our goalkeeper I doubt if I'd have the same depth of sympathy.  Tough luck seems to be targeting us right now what with all the injuries, Klopps mum and now Alli's dad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chr15 said:

Fair point.  If it wasn't our goalkeeper I doubt if I'd have the same depth of sympathy.  Tough luck seems to be targeting us right now what with all the injuries, Klopps mum and now Alli's dad.

as i think someone pointed out on another thread, we need brucie back to do his magic. 

 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/world-game/118248221/liverpool-legend-bruce-grobbelaar-lifts-curse-by-urinating-on-anfield-posts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

 

I have got to be honest, I don't know if I was in that situation if I would really want to effectively spend a month in quarantine aside from a day in the middle to attend a funeral. Handling death is hard enough without stuff like that. I think I would prefer to go back and spend the summer with my family and pay my respects that way - when also it may be a little easier to travel. 

I would do both - and expect him to as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I would do both - and expect him to as well.

You're probably right. I don't think I could spend a month I quarantine in those circumstances. 

 

And I have no idea about policy on burials in Brazil, would they hang around for 2 weeks while he cleared quarantine? Here you'd be fucking lucky to get it organised that quickly, but I realise that's not normal in other parts of the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a tough situation. I live in the US and my Dad is in his last stages of cancer in the UK. I went back last October. Quarantined for two weeks. Spent the second two weeks with him. 
 

It’s tough when a parent is ebbing, but there’s a time for preparedness. You can make your peace. 
 

Unexpected loss is much crueler. Especially in these times. My heart goes out to Alisson. God Bless Fella.

  • Upvote 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised the Brazilian PM didn't get involved to be honest. He's a massive twat and was fully expecting to make differenent rules for the National keeper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reading the notes Jurgen has written for tonight's programme. Had me welling up.

 

Jurgen Klopp has paid a touching tribute to 'wonderful' Alisson following the tragic death of the goalkeeper's father in Brazil last week.

Jose Becker, 57, drowned in a lake near his holiday home in the south of the country on February 24, prompting an outpouring of sympathy for the Liverpool star.

And now Klopp, whose own mother sadly died in January, has told Alisson 'how much this team and this club loves him' in an emotional message.

The Brazilian is set to return to action against Chelsea tonight after missing Sunday's win at Sheffield United, with Klopp writing in his programme notes: 'It's been almost impossible to speak about in public, to be honest – just too hard. But maybe I can write it better.

'The world has experienced too much loss recently. We have other members of our club who have suffered it. In the city of Liverpool, throughout this country and around the globe, too many have had to deal with the agony of losing a person they love so much. Bereavement is too common just now.

'But for Ali, our wonderful, loving, soulful team-mate, this was truly tragic. No-one really has the words to explain what they feel in these moments. I know I'm not adequate.

'So instead I wish to tell Alisson how much this team and this club loves him and his family. The greatest tribute possible to Alisson's father is the person his son is and has become. He honours him every day with how he lives his life.

'We must all give Ali as much time as he needs and we must give him space in the appropriate moments also. Our supporters should know that he feels their love and their compassion.

'Ali has the strongest faith of anyone I've ever met, so he knows they will be together again to celebrate all the new special memories he creates from now on.

'I've used this phrase, or a version of it, many times previously: football can feel like the most important of the least important things in life. It feels appropriate again tonight.

 

'For Ali and all others who have suffered loss, this wonderful game of ours can still bring escape, energy and joy.'

Liverpool midfielder Curtis Jones dedicated his goal against Sheffield United to Alisson, days after news of his father's death emerged.

'It's been a difficult time for me and the rest of the team,' Jones said. 'This goal is for Ali's dad, may he rest in peace. If Ali sees this, this is for you.'

Jones added: 'He's a strong lad, a big player for the team. He's not here today but we miss him for sure and I'd like to take this time to dedicate my goal to him, his dad and the rest of his family.'

Klopp echoed his midfielder's message, saying: 'It's a very nice touch from Curtis, of course, but it was clear it would be like this, that we'd try everything - not only for Ally but also for Ally of course.'

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Just reading the notes Jurgen has written for tonight's programme. Had me welling up.

 

Jurgen Klopp has paid a touching tribute to 'wonderful' Alisson following the tragic death of the goalkeeper's father in Brazil last week.

Jose Becker, 57, drowned in a lake near his holiday home in the south of the country on February 24, prompting an outpouring of sympathy for the Liverpool star.

And now Klopp, whose own mother sadly died in January, has told Alisson 'how much this team and this club loves him' in an emotional message.

The Brazilian is set to return to action against Chelsea tonight after missing Sunday's win at Sheffield United, with Klopp writing in his programme notes: 'It's been almost impossible to speak about in public, to be honest – just too hard. But maybe I can write it better.

'The world has experienced too much loss recently. We have other members of our club who have suffered it. In the city of Liverpool, throughout this country and around the globe, too many have had to deal with the agony of losing a person they love so much. Bereavement is too common just now.

'But for Ali, our wonderful, loving, soulful team-mate, this was truly tragic. No-one really has the words to explain what they feel in these moments. I know I'm not adequate.

'So instead I wish to tell Alisson how much this team and this club loves him and his family. The greatest tribute possible to Alisson's father is the person his son is and has become. He honours him every day with how he lives his life.

'We must all give Ali as much time as he needs and we must give him space in the appropriate moments also. Our supporters should know that he feels their love and their compassion.

'Ali has the strongest faith of anyone I've ever met, so he knows they will be together again to celebrate all the new special memories he creates from now on.

'I've used this phrase, or a version of it, many times previously: football can feel like the most important of the least important things in life. It feels appropriate again tonight.

 

'For Ali and all others who have suffered loss, this wonderful game of ours can still bring escape, energy and joy.'

Liverpool midfielder Curtis Jones dedicated his goal against Sheffield United to Alisson, days after news of his father's death emerged.

'It's been a difficult time for me and the rest of the team,' Jones said. 'This goal is for Ali's dad, may he rest in peace. If Ali sees this, this is for you.'

Jones added: 'He's a strong lad, a big player for the team. He's not here today but we miss him for sure and I'd like to take this time to dedicate my goal to him, his dad and the rest of his family.'

Klopp echoed his midfielder's message, saying: 'It's a very nice touch from Curtis, of course, but it was clear it would be like this, that we'd try everything - not only for Ally but also for Ally of course.'

Sheer class 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • This wouldn’t be the worst compromise. I know it would still be tough for many to swallow, but scrapping the desecrated Europa League and having a single, expanded competition with enhanced FFP and where the ESL clubs and 5 yearly qualifiers enter at the second or third round or so would do mega business. You could sell that on the basis that it dramatically expands Europe's top table for clubs across the continent.
        Let’s be honest, the pyramid / tier system is faulty because even if some of the ESL clubs are prone to missing out on the CL, they’re still too big to ever be in danger of relegation in their own divisions. If giving them a year spot means that the likes of West Ham, Everton and Leeds have a realistic chance of regular European football, the overriding sentiment towards it would soon change.
    • I do wonder what the fallout could be. There is some suggestions that we get thrown out of the PL - I can very much imagine that Everton are currently trying to persuade the other 13 teams that it is all our fault, we've duped the other 5 and therefore we should be thrown out. Probably because of Heysel (they never do miss a chance to shoehorn that in).    But, if all 6 were thrown out - I think we would be very likely to see a couple more join the 6. And maybe look to the championship. There are some geographically big clubs in the Championship and League one - Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Sheffield, Huddersfield, Hull - and add in a few carefully chosen clubs from the League and Vanarama e.g. Bolton, Plymouth, Portsmouth,  MK Dons etc. and you suddenly have 36 teams with two leagues of 18. Offer sustainability - and the potential to play in the new league and a new cup. And suddenly we have to separate leagues. 
    • This'll likely be met with "Guardiola, he's one to talk, always working for rich clubs" shouts, but he's just been interviewed and laid down a few truths. I think. His English is still fairly poor (better than my Spanish though). He seemed to be suggesting that it's unfair to highlight the big 6 clubs looking out for themselves when literally everybody else in football does this anyway. He mentioned the 5 subs things and how, in discarding that change, clubs acted in a way that was best for them, not for the greater good or the wellbeing of players. He highlighted how UEFA and national associations acted in their best interests by playing Lewandowski in a qualifier against Andorra in which he was injured and missed playing in an important Champions League club game. Guardiola seemed to be against the whole Super League thing, but said questions needed to be answered and more information provided by the suits behind it, and not by club coaches etc. 
    • I agree it won't happen now. But as a possibility, would you really dismiss it?    In 10 years time? If we are still in the premier league then yes, I think you are right - but, if we are forced to leave that - then there is no reason we don't become a 'franchise'. Tens of thousands of angry Scouse fan's is not an attractive marketing message. Those 12 can't survive as they are - they would need to bring others on board. They would need to make it a viable competition - they may have to go global to do that. And that is where I think we could be vulnerable.   
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Now

  • Popular Contributors

  • top casino sites
  • new UK casino
×