Quantcast
Alisson Becker - Page 105 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
aRdja

Alisson Becker

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Damn that's horrible. 

What did shanks get wrong.

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.

Bill Shankly

2 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Very sad news to read. Hope Alisson can go to the service and all that, no idea what the restrictions are like in Brasil.

Don't think he will have a issue going. Coming back he will. But it's not important really 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.

Bill Shankly

Come on mate what Shanks said was very much tongue in cheek. I think it's a bit crap the way that keeps getting thrown about and at his memory when there's a tragedy.

Incredibly heart-breaking for Allison and his family , it's bad enough losing  a parent but that is just tragic 

• Upvote 8

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The Shankly quote was him joking about how much he loves football.

Exactly - that and how much the fans love it/it consumes people.

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Don't think he will have a issue going. Coming back he will. But it's not important really 

i think there's quarantine on both ends, but I am not 100% certain on their end. 100% there is this side as the government recently changed the rules on sportsmen who aren't travelling to compete. there's no direct flights any more either. 

Direct flights and that arnt going to be a issue. He will just get a private jet all the way or from a local country that still has them. 

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Direct flights and that arnt going to be a issue. He will just get a private jet all the way or from a local country that still has them. 

direct flights are banned - i would assume that includes private planes, not just scheduled. anyone arriving from another country who has been in the Uk in the previous 14 days I think is still subject to restrictions - and he's still got to find a path in and potentially quarantine. it's a fucking nightmare for the lad.  

I said in the Klopp thread last week that we would probably insist on player doing what he didn't do himself. If Ali needs to be out of the team for a month then the boss will sanction it and rightly so. Its only a game and a shit one at the minute.

• Upvote 2

You would think the authorities in both countries would give some leeway given the situation. 

I'm sure all our thoughts are with Alli and his family

Glad the club have released a proper statement. Without wanting to sound like im critical of everything, the earlier 'You'll Never Walk Alone, Alisson' didnt really strike the right tone, for me anyway.