You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

3 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It’s clear that players are going to have to be managed through the season in a far more cautious way than usual, so if he’s fine for the weekend and beyond, I’m not concerned about this. 

If past experiences are anything to go by he probably won’t be fit for the weekend 

4 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Mignolet

Karius

Jones

Bogdan

Adrian

Good luck picking the worst out of that bucket of shite. 

Mignolet is a mid to lower prem league keeper good shot stopper but not good enough a team wanting to win big prizes the rest are a shower

2 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

Mignolet is a mid to lower prem league keeper good shot stopper but not good enough a team wanting to win big prizes the rest are a shower

The good shot stopper who barely made a save and  when he was finally moved on had to fuck off to a shite Belgian team.   Hes also the reason Jones and Bogdan played league games for us.

Nope, he was dreadful in every sense. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Grinch said:

The good shot stopper who barely made a save and  when he was finally moved on had to fuck off to a shite Belgian team.   Hes also the reason Jones and Bogdan played league games for us.

I disagree, he was ok at times. Otherwise Kelleher or Milner.

edit- I changed the post

I mean what the fuck with these muscle injuries ? ...
I can kind of take Thiago being out after what we saw but the likes of Shaq, Matip , Allison, Keita (I’ve probably missed a few out as well) it’s just beyond the joke and a by joke I mean a Russel Howard type joke 

13 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Bizzie summed it up right first time. He was good for Sunderland, a lower Premiership side, hence why we signed him.

He wasn’t good enough for us. 

Bogdan and Jones were horrific though. 

So that’s a goalie, a centre half and a right back we need to sign in January,  I haven’t missed any positions out have I ?

Trust us to have the Daniel Sturbridge of goalkeepers ....

Ray Clemence once played 336 consecutive games for us between 1972 to 1978, I know it’s not relevant and it doesn’t make me feel better but just saying .

Ali is a sweeper keeper so is more likely than a lot of keepers to pick up injuries.

Anyhow, rather him resting and missing tonight and Wolves than playing and being out for 2 months.

How good will we all feel if Kelleher plays well in the next two games and can become a bona fida homegrown number 2.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

How good will we all feel if Kelleher plays well in the next two games and can become a bona fida homegrown number 2.

I hope so, although I’m shocked to find out he’s 6 ft 2, because he managed to make himself look about 6 inches shorter in some of those League Cup games last season. Still, good luck to him.

19 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

When is a keeper ever out for a muscle issue? He gets such dumb injuries.

His training regime consists of MMA fighting, tables ladders and chairs matches with the Hardy Boys and racing in Demolition Derbies. At least he didnt play in the last Demolition Derby at Woodison as one of their players would have snapped him in two.

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I hope so, although I’m shocked to find out he’s 6 ft 2, because he managed to make himself look about 6 inches shorter in some of those League Cup games last season. Still, good luck to him.

Jurgen seems to rate him. He has he look of a lad who needs a stint in the lower leagues getting bashed around by yard dogs. 

55 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Mignolet

Karius

Jones

Bogdan

Adrian

Good luck picking the worst out of that bucket of shite. 

Actually I'd forgotten Bogdan. Probably go Bogdan>Adrian>Karius>Jones>Mignolet. Jones was actually a solid Premier League keeper. Bit (very) old by the time he came to us.

He hasn't looked fully fit all season after his initial injury. Think we rushed him back a bit back then tbh, the recovery was said to take 4-6 weeks and he was back within a fortnight, wasn't he?

Agree that he looks a bit heavier, that often happens with long injury layoffs (and Covid-related layoffs it seems). Strength training/conditioning can just go so far in terms of getting you fully match fit, even for keepers. 

After watching Kelleher tonight I'm a bit calmer about our upcoming time without Allison, even if we'll miss his sweeper-keeper skills. Hopefully he's allowed to get fully fit this time around.

• Upvote 1