You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

I'm with Usher on this one. Renewing contracts of your best players is an absolute minimum requirement, beyond minimum its basic that can be done at any point not like its some kind of all playersat once summer spending spree, oohlook at the work we've done! This is like however many new signing. It's good news but to be fully expected.

35 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm with Usher on this one. Renewing contracts of your best players is an absolute minimum requirement, beyond minimum its basic that can be done at any point not like its some kind of all playersat once summer spending spree, oohlook at the work we've done! This is like however many new signing. It's good news but to be fully expected.

Yeah whilst it is of course good we are doing this and it is going to help us, it feels to me like it is being done as it is (when it is) and positioned how it is in a manner that is to say 'hey look at what we are doing, supporters - all this obviously means more money, we are doing all these extensions, and these are our priority not any new additions'

Of course it may be we are doing these and we'll add to squad, my gut tells me we won't and the narrative will be wage bill went up loads to secure all best players, can't spend on top of all that/don't need to.

Excellent news.

However I feel his levels dipped very slightly last season….even before the passing of his father.

By far the best keeper we could wish for but would love to see him recapture his form from a couple of years ago….especially his distribution.

15 minutes ago, Simbo said:

Excellent news.

However I feel his levels dipped very slightly last season….even before the passing of his father.

By far the best keeper we could wish for but would love to see him recapture his form from a couple of years ago….especially his distribution.

Hopefully his kicking and distribution which i agree was awful at times last season was down to his head being wrecked and is not a long term problem.

25 minutes ago, Simbo said:

Excellent news.

His keeping may or may not have dipped but his goal scoring has improved leaps and bounds.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Looked excellent today I thought. His positioning, kicking, dealt well with most of their set pieces and pulled off some really good saves, the one at the end from Barnes was superb, and the Rodrigues one that was offside was also really good.

Agreed. 

Mostly a very steady and reassuring presence to deal with the frequent crosses from Burnley. 

On 22/08/2021 at 08:28, chrisbonnie said:

He looks to be in that weirdly awesome form he was in when we signed him first.

Didn't he go about 10-15 games without conceding until iheanacho bundled him over at Leicester?

Its the short hair and beard, it makes him more agile and more handsome...... Just saying 

Wasn't that game really early in the season?

• 4 weeks later...