You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

he is a very calming influence and it's great to have a keeper who makes the saves you expect too. I don't think that Pogba save was amazing, I would have been really disappointed had it gone in, but if Ming, karius, Adrian been in goal, there's a fair chance it would have gone in. I think that type of getting the basics right breeds confidence and then he adds to it with some outstanding saves, especially in 1 on 1 situations. 

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Just reading a bit on The Echo when Alli took and controlled than punt forward by united on his thigh then casually dropped it on his foot to play out to a teammate. What a fucking piece of skill from a keeper than was!

Notice that yes, my son could not believe it from a keeper and was kind of jealous. He’s so good, Ali, isn’t He ?

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Just reading a bit on The Echo when Alli took and controlled than punt forward by united on his thigh then casually dropped it on his foot to play out to a teammate. What a fucking piece of skill from a keeper than was!

When was this?

For me it's not just the saves its the context of them, he largely has nothing to do in games but when called upon his concentration is there and he makes the save, I always feel its easier for a keeper making save after save rather than doing nothing then called into action; god knows we have been victims of this a lot in the past

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Boils my piss when commentators crack on that a save was easy, because it was "straight at the keeper". With something like that Pogba one, he hasn't got anywhere else to shoot, because Ali gets his positioning right.

That’s the key to it, he made it look easy as he does so often.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Boils my piss when commentators crack on that a save was easy, because it was "straight at the keeper". With something like that Pogba one, he hasn't got anywhere else to shoot, because Ali gets his positioning right.

Is correct. It was struck with some pace from short range. They are often the most difficult to save because a keeper's got next to no time to react and is hard to 'turn' the ball away from goal, not just knock it back into play or worse, take the pace of it but put it back at a striker's feet for a tap in.

I thought it was a fucking brilliant save myself especially as he'd had virtually nothing to do up to then.

On 17/01/2021 at 22:39, chrisbonnie said:

Can't believe this guy hasn't gotten any mention of his performance today. 

Had two things to do and pulled them off with aplomb. 

And not his first time either. 

Worth 10-15 points a season in the same way Big Nev and Schmeichel were for United and United Reserves.

• 3 weeks later...