You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

36 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

I think the This Is Anfield forum banned him from being quoted on there because of the levels of his bullshit, Stig.

Aah that helps my pre-match nerves. 

Fuck me him being out again is the last thing we need. 

Genuinely would rather a really decent number 2 like Romero than anything else in the transfer window.

If we have a good number 2, taking it that Ali could miss a few games over the course of this season, that could be the difference between winning the league and/or a cup run. 

Hate getting personal with players. Adrian seems a good lad, but we might as well be a goal down with him starting a game.

31 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Such an unsettled back 4 with this fella in goal is asking for trouble. He’s bad enough with the best defenders in the world in front of him

We need a draw tonight to qualify, so doing our best to dominate the ball and perhaps take less chances than normal might be the best plan. Don't put them under unnecessary pressure at the back and just focus on getting through the group. We've a sharp forward line who can hopefully take chances if they come their way and the more we have the ball, the more chance we have of getting one of those lads on the ball. And who knows, maybe alisson is fit. 

23 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I like Adrian and I think he's been properly villified for no good reason.  

He's absolutely, shockingly woeful.

58 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Genuinely would rather a really decent number 2 like Romero than anything else in the transfer window.

If we have a good number 2, taking it that Ali could miss a few games over the course of this season, that could be the difference between winning the league and/or a cup run. 

Hate getting personal with players. Adrian seems a good lad, but we might as well be a goal down with him starting a game.

Romero is a good call. Heaton too.

33 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I like Adrian and I think he's been properly villified for no good reason.  

I wouldn't say with no good reasons, he has dropped a few complete & costly clangers.

I do agree with the overall sentiment though.

Hasn't Alisson's wide just announced she's pregnant or had a baby? If he's got a wrist injury, it's understandable.

On a serious note, Firmino didn't train before the Atalanta game and Pearce etc were straight in there with "Firmino isn't injured, he'll be available tomorrow".

Radio silence on Alisson.

The greatest club side in the world -- which we are, when the 11 are fit -- cannot afford to have a muppet like Adrian as the go-to alternative. Especially during high risk covid times.

Just now, Alex_K said:

The greatest club side in the world -- which we are, when the 11 are fit -- cannot afford to have a muppet like Adrian as the go-to alternative. Especially during high risk covid times.

I don't agree. He's absolutely dropped a couple of bollocks, zero doubt about that but he's also made some really good saves and kept us in games at times, especially at the start of last season when we won every game with him in goal.

I wouldn't have him as my Number 1 but he's one of the best of the second choices. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Hasn't Alisson's wide just announced she's pregnant or had a baby? If he's got a wrist injury, it's understandable.

On a serious note, Firmino didn't train before the Atalanta game and Pearce etc were straight in there with "Firmino isn't injured, he'll be available tomorrow".

Radio silence on Alisson.

Bit harsh on the girl, she only had the baby 2 weeks ago. 

• Upvote 2

I'm normally critical of how tight we are. But I struggle to see what goalkeeper we're going to get who will sit as a number a number 2 to alisson. Whoever is coming in knows his only game time is domestic cups and when alisson is out. He is never going to challenge one of the world's top 3 goalies. I'm sure if we keep hunting the earth, there probably is someone who is better. But just a look at the quality of some of the keepers up and down the league as 1st choices shows it's not going to be simple to find the better alternative. Adrian seems to be a valued member of the squad and perhaps we could get someone who's 5% better (who by the way would still be making clangers) but that person might not bring the same benefit in the dressing room. Goalkeeper is a tough place to cover. Adrian isn't ideal, but he's also not the world's worst keeper and for me is not different in quality to the previous two number 1s we had. 

• Upvote 2