You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

well he won't learn from his mistakes i don't think, it's not like he's a kid. he just isn't a very good goalie which is why he couldn't get a game for west ham and we picked him up on a free with just days left in the window. personally i think we need to find ways his weaknesses don't get exposed. he seems pretty shite with his feet - so don't pass to him, we actually did that last season, it took us maybe one game to learn use him only if desperate. He doesn't seem to know much where his goal is, so he gets beat a bit from distance and makes it really easy when strikers break through (just look at his positioning on grealish's goal anbd it's not the first time he just offers too much of the goal to his right side). i don't know how we protect against the latter, except not to let the other teams touch the ball. we did used to do that, but again we seem to have lost our constant intensity on the press, so I don't think we have possession as much as we used to. and we need to stop giving the ball away cheaply, which gomez and firmino have done quite a bit of. the fact is, he's going to be playing for a while and he's fucking shit. we need to just stop him being exposed as best we can, we are not going to make him better. 

There's just too many weaknesses.

4 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

There's just too many weaknesses.

i don't think you are wrong. but it seems unlikely we're about to bring someone in, so we have to make the best out of it don't we? maybe this brazilian kid is good. but a 17 year old who's been here 3 weeks with 2 of those in quarantine, it seems a bit unrealistic to play him. so it's adrian or kelherer who looks shite too.

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i don't think you are wrong. but it seems unlikely we're about to bring someone in, so we have to make the best out of it don't we? maybe this brazilian kid is good. but a 17 year old who's been here 3 weeks with 2 of those in quarantine, it seems a bit unrealistic to play him. so it's adrian or kelherer who looks shite too.

The big problem I have with Adrian is that a goalie who continually fucks up isn’t going to improve by retaining his place in the team; it’s like when Houllier persisted with Dudek despite having other options. The errors looked shocking in isolation, but they weren’t because they were on his mind and the rest of the team just couldn’t trust him. Regardless of how poor or inexperienced the other options, it would be dumb management to start Adrian against Everton.

8 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

The big problem I have with Adrian is that a goalie who continually fucks up isn’t going to improve by retaining his place in the team; it’s like when Houllier persisted with Dudek despite having other options. The errors looked shocking in isolation, but they weren’t because they were on his mind and the rest of the team just couldn’t trust him. Regardless of how poor or inexperienced the other options, it would be dumb management to start Adrian against Everton.

he isn't going to improve because he's shite. this is as good as it gets. but clearly klopp sees that level above the other options. we know what we're getting with adrian, it is not a surprise - so i think that's just the squad balancing we have accepted. the question should be could we do better for a 2nd keeper rather than should we throw in a 3rd keeper who is likely worse. 

• Upvote 1

If he’s tough, mentally, then he’s maybe worth a shot, even at 17.
Wasn’t Donnaruma about that age when he debuted for Milan and the national team?
The old adage “if you’re good enough, you’re old enough” should apply perhaps, specially as it’d put more pressure on the blue Shiite to beat us.

On 04/10/2020 at 22:55, an tha said:

On whether the injured Alisson Becker will be back for the Everton game…

No chance to play against Everton. We don’t know exactly. Let me say, it could have been worse with that injury, that’s for sure. We were slightly lucky but it’s not that he can play against Everton. I don’t want to put a timeframe on it but four weeks could be possible, six weeks is maybe more likely, but I don’t know. We have to assess this thing, that’s how it is.

Malingering twat.

Zero chance he'll play anytime soon.

Achterberg added: “Now he is here, we have to improve [him]. He is still young, there is no pressure because there is still a long road and we don’t want to create any pressure for him because there is still work to do.

“First of all, you need to let him settle down, find his way. He needs to learn the speed, the kind of game in England is different than in Brazil, it’s a lot faster and there’s more aggression in it. All that stuff you have to calculate as well to work on a little bit"

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pete said:

Is he back soon???

I can't take watching Adrian in goal much more. Bad for my heart!

i don't reckon they're saying. there was some talk about him being out and saving and testing his shoulder earlier in the week, but i did wonder if that was just a bit of sugar for everyone after the vvd news. it's only 3 weeks this weekend isn't it?