You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

10 hours ago, johnsusername said:

What the fuck happened in training to put him out for what looks like two months? Did Adrian smuggle a shank into the showers? 

That's exactly what I thought,   I remember breaking my collar bone and was off work for 8 weeks just as the doctor in A&E said it would 

20 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Im just amazed our training is organised in such a way our keeper is now out for 6 weeks! When was the last time any keeper was out for so long due to a training incident?

This is going to be a season defining absence, I fear.

Sadly given the cover i fear you are right.

Think we need to hope that we can stay within striking distance of the top and then kick on when Alisson is back.

Our rivals look ropey as well luckily and i don't think this is going to be a season where a stupidly high pts total takes title like recent years.

High 80's will IMO see a team right there in it.

I know it is very tough but would like us to see if can get a keeper today - Gazzaniga is arguably 3rd choice at Spurs right now, worth a punt??

Not the Klopp way anyway IMO so very much doubt we will.

4 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

No.

No you tit. 

It's a day to remember so you can make sure it never happens again. 

Now get off social media you self important gobshite.

Couldn't agree more...they are not the brightest but surely someone could have had a word in the ear and say not fckin now or not at all!!

Thing is with that 1st goal, Joe Gomez...he who hesitates...he had a good chance of getting to it..Martinez did something similar a bit later and got away with it..I don't think he is in the Karius bracket but just another disappointment..

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Think we need to hope that we can stay within striking distance of the top and then kick on when Alisson is back.

Our rivals look ropey as well luckily and i don't think this is going to be a season where a stupidy high pts total takes title like recent years.

Yep, 85 could easily win it and it will be the team that makes the least fck ups this time..hopefully we bundled more than the average into one night.

Just think absence of crowd numbs the sharpness..players all over the place at quite a few clubs with exception of a few e.g. Salah seems to have ground running so far..work for Klopp to do but rather have him in charge than anyone else!!

Just now, Nolongerathletic said:

Yep, 85 could easily win it and it will be the team that makes the least fck ups this time..hopefully we bundled more than the average into one night.

Just think absence of crowd numbs the sharpness..players all over the place at quite a few clubs with exception of a few e.g. Salah seems to have ground running so far..work for Klopp to do but rather have him in charge than anyone else!!

The no crowd thing is an interesting one - would be interesting to really hear players thoughts about it in terms of whole game and everything around it.

16 minutes ago, an tha said:

Our rivals look ropey as well luckily and i don't think this is going to be a season where a stupidly high pts total takes title like recent years.

I know it is very tough but would like us to see if can get a keeper today - Gazzaniga is arguably 3rd choice at Spurs right now, worth a punt??

Not the Klopp way anyway IMO so very much doubt we will.

Yes, I agree it's damage limitation now until Alisson returns.

Not sure about Gazzingha, Joe Hart's pushed him down to number 3 at Spurs.

The unpalatable fact is, back up keepers are back ups because they have mistakes in them and faults in their game.

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

The no crowd thing is an interesting one - would be interesting to really hear players thoughts about it in terms of whole game and everything around it.

One game for me v Arsenal in league, granted we had title pissed at that stage, but first half hour we played them off park, got a great goal and in total control. That happened in a full Emirates half the cunts would have left by then and players would be a total nervous wreck..

They actually did nothing to get themselves back into the game, Allison and VVD obliged..

Everton is another interesting one...no doubt Pickford would be getting it and that would translate to the team..

Agree would be interesting to hear player perspective though, but gotta think our lot benefit from fans more than most!

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

The unpalatable fact is, back up keepers are back ups because they have mistakes in them and faults in their game.

Oh yeah course agree....but i think Gazzaniga may be better than Adrian and at the very least won't undermine the defence in front of him in same way/to same extent.

Has to be worth a go.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Thats it, the only hope is you catch a very young one that is looking to climb the ladder, Henderson may be that one at United, but there is a reason they are 2nd choice! Having said that, Villa keeper I thought was better than that Leno!

1 hour ago, Nolongerathletic said:

Thats it, the only hope is you catch a very young one that is looking to climb the ladder, Henderson may be that one at United, but there is a reason they are 2nd choice! Having said that, Villa keeper I thought was better than that Leno!

Henderson is a very good example. He was too good to play 2nd fiddle to de gea but was better than Romario, their back up. Went on loan to Sheff Utd and even he gifted Gini a goal at their place.

I dont know many PL team back up keepers, arsenal sold martinez and like you, I think he's better than Leno. They bought some young lad who shipped loads of goal as his back up. Spurs, Joe Hart is Lloris' back up. United have Romario until Henderson returned. He wont stay at united as number 2 and if he doesnt shift de gea thisseason, would expect him to push for a move again. Chelsea had Cabellero until they signed Mendy so now have a choice of Cabellero or Kepa. Not sure who's city's back up, Scott Carson!?

22 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

There is no way he is out for just six weeks. Klopp likes to underplay injuries (he did the same with Allison last year) and even he said 6 weeks minimum.

the guess has to be he has broken something. it's pretty worrying. someone has just sent me some compilation of adrians mistakes since he's been with us - which is maybe harsh to single someone out after that performance, but wow, it really shocked me. but history tells us klopp doesn't panic buy and when he does he gets players he's no intention of playing just to add desperation depth. i think we need to get used to the idea we are going to see a lot more of adrian again this season than we hoped. 

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i think we need to get used to the idea we are going to see a lot more of adrian again this season than we hoped. 

That thought fills me with dread.

Nobody's perfect and all goalies make mistakes, even Alisson, but this lad just does the same thing over and over again.

If he can't learn from his mistakes, he needs bombing out, just like Karius was.

3 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

That thought fills me with dread.

Nobody's perfect and all goalies make mistakes, even Alisson, but this lad just does the same thing over and over again.

If he can't learn from his mistakes, he needs bombing out, just like Karius was.

well he won't learn from his mistakes i don't think, it's not like he's a kid. he just isn't a very good goalie which is why he couldn't get a game for west ham and we picked him up on a free with just days left in the window. personally i think we need to find ways his weaknesses don't get exposed. he seems pretty shite with his feet - so don't pass to him, we actually did that last season, it took us maybe one game to learn use him only if desperate. He doesn't seem to know much where his goal is, so he gets beat a bit from distance and makes it really easy when strikers break through (just look at his positioning on grealish's goal anbd it's not the first time he just offers too much of the goal to his right side). i don't know how we protect against the latter, except not to let the other teams touch the ball. we did used to do that, but again we seem to have lost our constant intensity on the press, so I don't think we have possession as much as we used to. and we need to stop giving the ball away cheaply, which gomez and firmino have done quite a bit of. the fact is, he's going to be playing for a while and he's fucking shit. we need to just stop him being exposed as best we can, we are not going to make him better.