You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

1 hour ago, m0e said:

Wouldn't swap him or Van Dijk for anyone in world football. 

Wouldn't swap our fullbacks for any fullbacks in the world either.

These 4 are the reason we've gone from a good team to the what in the world.

The best, sir?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, m0e said:

Exactly. Signing Van Dijk was the start of all this. I’m so glad we waited and didn’t sign anybody else. Then to go out and spend big on Alisson has really cemented it. I feel like we might do that type of thing again soon. Go and spend huge money on Sancho or MBappe or someone. 

• 2 weeks later...

A quick word about Alisson today. I’m assuming this guy was bit by a radioactive spider when he was a kid, the way the ball stuck to his hands. No spillages or push-outs on dodgy areas, and some determined sweeper keeper action. I fucking love him.

• Upvote 4

On 11/01/2020 at 23:04, Anubis said:

A quick word about Alisson today. I’m assuming this guy was bit by a radioactive spider when he was a kid, the way the ball stuck to his hands. No spillages or push-outs on dodgy areas, and some determined sweeper keeper action. I fucking love him.

No doubt.

That's the bedrock of any dynasty.

You know the fella in goal 9.999/10 is going to be there, if it gets hot.

Allison is maybe the best signing we've made in 22 years.

Think there is a lesson for the future here something we shouldn't have lost. Get the best goalkeeper available not good youngsters not potential not over the hill veterans the best out there . They are vital on terms of gaining points and instilling confidence. Kirkland , James, karius, westerveld, Brad Jones, Carson , itandje I could go on. The reason it is infuriating is that we know what a top international keeper can bring just feel until we plumped for Alisson we had been skimping on the position post Pepe. 

All the rival supporters banging on about how everyone else's strikers missing sitters well there is a reason the last thing a world class keeper brings which is messing with their head. Hate to say it but Smichell (spelling) was the same . 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Think there is a lesson for the future here something we shouldn't have lost. Get the best goalkeeper available not good youngsters not potential not over the hill veterans the best out there . They are vital on terms of gaining points and instilling confidence. Kirkland , James, karius, westerveld, Brad Jones, Carson , itandje I could go on. The reason it is infuriating is that we know what a top international keeper can bring just feel until we plumped for Alisson we had been skimping on the position post Pepe. 

All the rival supporters banging on about how everyone else's strikers missing sitters well there is a reason the last thing a world class keeper brings which is messing with their head. Hate to say it but Smichell (spelling) was the same . 

You don’t skimp on Keepers , said it all along. Fucking about with Mig and the other Clown went on for a year longer than it should 

On 03/01/2020 at 07:21, m0e said:

What I love about the above is you then look at the other end of the team.......

We are in a fine fine moment

He's fucking superb.

See the part in the second half of the Spurs game where Lamela (maybe) had the ball 20-25 yards out. Nobody tackled him! They kinda blocked the pass, and left him shoot! Utter confidence in the 'keeper.

Gloves must be made of Loctite!

1 hour ago, clockspeed said:

Its not as simple as that. Go back 3 or 4 years and the best keeper we can get won't be the best available, we weren't an elite team then. It was only after Klopp turned us into mentality monsters that the likes of Virgil and Alisson became possible. Even the likes of Oxlaide Chamberlain probably wouldn't have considered us in 2015 or 2016.

Klopp has laid down the template for the world to follow, that template includes keeping shite for longer than you would want to in order to get where you need too. Not a single soul on here would have agreed with him keeping Moreno and Mingolet for as long as we did, similarly with Lalanna and Lovren. They are world champions now when most would have agreed they have should have been sold to knackers yard.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Its not as simple as that. Go back 3 or 4 years and the best keeper we can get won't be the best available, we weren't an elite team then. It was only after Klopp turned us into mentality monsters that the likes of Virgil and Alisson became possible. Even the likes of Oxlaide Chamberlain probably wouldn't have considered us in 2015 or 2016.

Klopp has laid down the template for the world to follow, that template includes keeping shite for longer than you would want to in order to get where you need too. Not a single soul on here would have agreed with him keeping Moreno and Mingolet for as long as we did, similarly with Lalanna and Lovren. They are world champions now when most would have agreed they have should have been sold to knackers yard.

Agree ref Klopp and his approach however a number of the goalkeepers on my list were English u21 stalwarts at time of purchase and not one of them worked out for us. 

4 hours ago, Lario said:

He's fucking superb.

See the part in the second half of the Spurs game where Lamela (maybe) had the ball 20-25 yards out. Nobody tackled him! They kinda blocked the pass, and left him shoot! Utter confidence in the 'keeper.

Gloves must be made of Loctite!

It's the Magnets. 

6 hours ago, El Rojo said:

The 'name your price' approach with Alisson and Van Dijk was brilliant. I reckon we would have paid more if necessary, and they would probably still have been good value at whatever that might have been. 

They'd have both been good value at about £250m each.

27 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Just a note

Alisson has got himself back in the running for retaining the golden glove. 2 clean sheets behind Kasper Schmeichel. Not bad as he's played 13 games to Schmeichel 22. 

That’s ludicrous.