You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

9 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

So, so much better with his feet than Reina. Better all around than Reina, of course. Especially in his later years when he was just shit. Even in his good years, he wasn't even close to being the best in the World. 

Correct

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dave u said:

I don't think he's that great with his feet. He's good, but it's being over-stated a bit I reckon.

The ugly goon at City is genuinely spectacular with his feet. Alisson isn't anything special in comparison, but is clearly a better all around keeper.

I’d go with this. Allison is very good on the ball, whereas Ederson has the passing range of a playmaker. In terms of the bread and butter, Alisson is ahead.

On 17/11/2019 at 18:34, lifetime fan said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree. 

Reina was the best ‘sweeper keeper’ in the world. Rafa even played him in midfield in a preseason game. 

Reina could have been the difference between 2nd and 1st in 2013/14, but we got the pear salesman instead. 

10 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Reina was very good with his feet and mostly very good with his hands. Sadly he had a brief period of being not very good at stopping balls hitting the back of the net. Especially toward the end of his tenure here, he recovered soon after.

He was poor (by his standards) in 2011/12 and the first half of 2012/13. His form then started to pick up, but clearly not enough to convince Rodgers to keep him.

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He was poor (by his standards) in 2011/12 and the first half of 2012/13. His form then started to pick up, but clearly not enough to convince Rodgers to keep him.

Bit of a perfect storm there I reckon.  The owners were quite happy to be rid of his wages, Reina had finally had enough and Rodgers was pissed that Reina didn't respect him.

Who gives a fuck if he may be slightly inferior with his feet?? A good portion of his score involvements come from a quick release by hand, and you'd be hard pressed finding another keeper who is better in that aspect of the game. 

1 hour ago, A_S said:

Who gives a fuck if he may be slightly inferior with his feet?? A good portion of his score involvements come from a quick release by hand, and you'd be hard pressed finding another keeper who is better in that aspect of the game. 

Well, I'd like him to score 140 free kicks for us personally.

But if you want to limit your ambition, then that's fine.

• Upvote 1