You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

It feels like a freak injury, but it also feels like we rushed him back pretty quick. It may have nothing to do with what happened, but I thought it was weird City didn't play Ederson at all and he was only the backup at Copa America while we basically play Alisson as soon as possible and he played an entire competition this summer. Probably because Adrian wasn't going to be ready. 

Anyway, just speculation but to me it didn't look like a long term injury. Can you walk on a torn achilles? Cause he was walking after. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, etho said:

For reasons beyond my control I couldn't watch the game yesterday..did it look bad? How long can you injure a calf for anyway, can't be long surely

I don't want to jinx it. But it didn't look much. Plus it's Allison, you just know he's such a professional he'll do everything and anything to get back as quick as possible. 

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It feels like a freak injury, but it also feels like we rushed him back pretty quick. It may have nothing to do with what happened, but I thought it was weird City didn't play Ederson at all and he was only the backup at Copa America while we basically play Alisson as soon as possible and he played an entire competition this summer. Probably because Adrian wasn't going to be ready. 

Anyway, just speculation but to me it didn't look like a long term injury. Can you walk on a torn achilles? Cause he was walking after. 

With a torn achilles you’re not able to do this movement at all. (Picture below) Very strange feeling, when your brain gives the instruction to do it and nothing happens. I’ve torn mine, and I knew immediately what happened.

And unless you’re in too much pain you’d be able to walk, but obviously limping quite heavily.

Based on the actual incident, and the way he went down it could well be the achilles. Tried to look at the way he walked, and based on that I would guess at a calf muscle issue. Fingers crosses it’s the latter.

FC95C464-7EFC-4BFB-847B-13C412F7FC4F.jpeg

Didn't shaq do his calf against England in early June? He was 6 weeks out and we may as well expect the worst with Allison. 

We've Newcastle away on September14th, after the first international break. That's 3 league games and the super cup away. If that's all he misses then I'll not be too pissed off. 

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Pidge said:

If he'd have torn his achilles we'd already know.

Indeed. Plus Klopp has already said it was a calf injury.

6YAgEWkN_bigger.jpgAlisson BeckerVerified account @Alissonbecker

Thank you all for the messages! Will be back as soon as possible and stronger!! 

4:41 PM - 9 Aug 2019 from Sale, England

2 hours ago, etho said:

For reasons beyond my control I couldn't watch the game yesterday..did it look bad? How long can you injure a calf for anyway, can't be long surely

His leg dropped off at the knee but the physio had some gaffer tape and thanks to his prompt action I expect he will be back for the Southampton game. 

10 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

WeeklyBaggyBongo-size_restricted.gif

Initial medical assessment on Alisson injury is a calf tear, to be confirmed by scan today. That's v. good news, as rules out Achilles rupture. Grade of tear to be judged by scan, but medic's first judgement was grade 2 - so absence of 3-6 weeks (average of a month). #LFC

20 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Initial medical assessment on Alisson injury is a calf tear, to be confirmed by scan today. That's v. good news, as rules out Achilles rupture. Grade of tear to be judged by scan, but medic's first judgement was grade 2 - so absence of 3-6 weeks (average of a month). #LFC

Hopefully it's only a month, massive loss if he's out for long.