You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

10 minutes ago, A_S said:

9 consecutive clean sheets for club and country, starting with the Barcelona home leg. That said, his goal lived a bit of a charmed life against Argentina. 

Don't say that. After that Keita story, the bitters are already building a case to burn our players at the stake. 

17 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

golden gloves in every tournament he's entered this season.

If that was a striker being top scorer in every tournament he entered, he'd be nailed on for the Balon D'or. 

Best keeper on the planet, no doubt about it.

Nah, Pickford is well better

Still can't believe we twatted so many goals past him at Roma. 

It was the first time I'd actually seen him play after being the first person to recommend us buying him on here. 

That was, of course, purely based on us being able to sing an Elvis Costello song for him. 

• Upvote 1

Sexy goalkeeping bastard. 

2018 season, Roma finished 3rd and conceded 28 goals. 

2019 season, Roma finished 6th and conceded 48 goals. 

2018 season, Liverpool finished 4th and conceded 38 goals. 

2019 season, Liverpool finished 2nd and conceded 22 goals. 

Some might say that's a coincidence. 

Some people are as thick as two shorts planks. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Lario said:

Sexy goalkeeping bastard. 

2018 season, Roma finished 3rd and conceded 28 goals. 

2019 season, Roma finished 6th and conceded 48 goals. 

2018 season, Liverpool finished 4th and conceded 38 goals. 

2019 season, Liverpool finished 2nd and conceded 22 goals. 

Some might say that's a coincidence. 

Some people are as thick as two shorts planks. 

I have to say it slightly irks me when people say VvD is solely responsible for transforming our defence.  Now I love Virgil, but those numbers suggest that Alisson has also had a huge impact.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TK421 said:

I have to say it slightly irks me when people say VvD is solely responsible for transforming our defence.  Now I love Virgil, but those numbers suggest that Alisson has also had a huge impact.  

Can someone fish out the corresponding stats for Virgil before/after he joined us?

14 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

Pre Virgil:

Defence was shit

Post Virgil:

Defence isn’t shit

This is far too vague. 

Pre Virgil:

Lots of goals conceded by Mignolet 

Post Virgil:

Not nearly as many goals conceded by Alisson. Although Karius conceded more. But let's forget that happened. 

1 hour ago, Le Duan said:

Pre Virgil:

Defence was shit

Post Virgil:

Defence isn’t shit

Eye opening, I knew he was good but I didn't realise that was the impact he made. 

What about the Southampton stats for before/after he left?

3 hours ago, Aventus said:

Can someone fish out the corresponding stats for Virgil before/after he joined us?

For the calendar year 2017 we conceded 45 goals in 40 games, from Aug to his signing it was 25 conceded in 22 games. So slightly over 1 per game.

From Virgils signing until May 2018 we conceded 13 in the remaining 16 games. So we have dipped well under 1 per game.

When Allison signed we just conceded 22 in 38 games.

All above are league games whether Virgil played or not.

On 03/07/2019 at 19:30, cloggypop said:

Still can't believe we twatted so many goals past him at Roma. 

It was the first time I'd actually seen him play after being the first person to recommend us buying him on here. 

That was, of course, purely based on us being able to sing an Elvis Costello song for him. 

I was in the Kop that night and remember thinking he looked like he was about to burst into tears when the fifth one went in.

I seriously thought we would be mad to sign him for the money being stated as he didn’t impress me one bit.

Just glad I was so wrong.

Guest Alex_K

Definition of "mentality giant". He should have his eye on becoming Brazil's greatest ever goalkeeper. His celebrations for the 6th were my favourite of the bunch - just seems like an incredibly positive, larger than life personality. The absolute antithesis to the 3 decades of goalkeepers that came before him (a few years of Reina aside).