You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

4 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yes. He will work on being unreasonably perfect. 

Another stupidly smart arsed answer. There are reasons why players are even better,particularly goalkeepers,at say 30 years old than they are at 23/24/25 and fault recognition,no matter how small,and remedying them are big reasons for that.

8 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Another stupidly smart arsed answer. There are reasons why players are even better,particularly goalkeepers,at say 30 years old than they are at 23/24/25 and fault recognition,no matter how small,and remedying them are big reasons for that.

I think your view of it is retarded, Vlad. What am I supposed to say here? Yes, thoroughly good show old chap. Marvellous opinion. If you didn't try so fucking hard in every post to demonstrate just how obtuse you are, I'd probably be better at engaging without smart arsed responses. Surely you can acknowledge that reaction saves where you have, literally, 0.1s to respond - and you still save it - doesn't deserve some guy on the internet's first judgement to be 'yeah... well... he should have gloved it out miles away'. No. It's a miracle that he got to half the saves he has, especially the ones at Roma. It didn't go to anybody. It was cleared. 

Being a nitpicky fucker on the internet is not a necessity, ya know? Fucking hell. People will find anything to complain about. We can't even be at the top of the league with the most expensive CB and GK combination ever purchased, beat Chelsea and Porto with clean sheets, have wonder goals without coming on here to people whinging about AR not being developed because the owners are shysters and that our players are not that good... sorry for being a smart arse, Vlad, but I wouldn't mind - just for a minute - enjoying this run it without it being pissed all over. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I think your view of it is retarded, Vlad. What am I supposed to say here? Yes, thoroughly good show old chap. Marvellous opinion. If you didn't try so fucking hard in every post to demonstrate just how obtuse you are, I'd probably be better at engaging without smart arsed responses. Surely you can acknowledge that reaction saves where you have, literally, 0.1s to respond - and you still save it - doesn't deserve some guy on the internet's first judgement to be 'yeah... well... he should have gloved it out miles away'. No. It's a miracle that he got to half the saves he has, especially the ones at Roma. It didn't go to anybody. It was cleared. 

Being a nitpicky fucker on the internet is not a necessity, ya know? Fucking hell. People will find anything to complain about. We can't even be at the top of the league with the most expensive CB and GK combination ever purchased, beat Chelsea and Porto with clean sheets, have wonder goals without coming on here to people whinging about AR not being developed because the owners are shysters and that our players are not that good... sorry for being a smart arse, Vlad, but I wouldn't mind - just for a minute - enjoying this run it without it being pissed all over. 

I'm not sure how to answer this but I'll have a go. Alisson is a brilliant keeper(and I've never said he isn't)not yet the best but with every chance of being the very best. Part of being the best is practice and working on any weaknesses you may have and trying endlessly to fix them and I'm sure this is what the fella and his coaches do. I have a particular interest in goalkeeping as I have played there and so has my lad,I also have enjoyed coaching goalkeepers too so I will focus on weaknesses too. You seem to view this as something nobody should do and on an internet message board of all places! I'm not necessary looking to downplay anything as I am as happy as anybody that we are where we are but I will comment on things that catch my eye,and others too and post on them. You think Alisson is perfect,but if Alisson is as good as I think he is even he won't consider himself perfect.

I think it's fair to notice the issue with communication with Van Dijk, as mentioned before there have been 3 occurrences of misunderstandings between them in a short run of games. It seems like it should be relatively easy to remedy on the training ground though, perhaps it's because they're both used to being the boss in that situation. 

What I do love about Alisson is his quick and accurate distribution at times, reminds me of Schmeichel (Peter not Kasper) in his heyday. 

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

I think it's fair to notice the issue with communication with Van Dijk, as mentioned before there have been 3 occurrences of misunderstandings between them in a short run of games. It seems like it should be relatively easy to remedy on the training ground though, perhaps it's because they're both used to being the boss in that situation. 

What I do love about Alisson is his quick and accurate distribution at times, reminds me of Schmeichel (Peter not Kasper) in his heyday. 

Sometimes these things are unavoidable. The Porto one was a nothing issue, simply a case of Virgil having it totally under control and wanting to avoid giving away a throw in, once it became risky he dealt with it. The Fulham one was just a perfect storm of conditions, literally. I think in normal weather that doesn't happen.

I can't actually remember the third one you refer too.

2 hours ago, No2 said:

Sometimes these things are unavoidable. The Porto one was a nothing issue, simply a case of Virgil having it totally under control and wanting to avoid giving away a throw in, once it became risky he dealt with it. The Fulham one was just a perfect storm of conditions, literally. I think in normal weather that doesn't happen.

I can't actually remember the third one you refer too.

First half Sunday there was a bit of ' After you Claude ' before VvD hoofed it over towards the Kemlyn.