You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

For that time we certainly did 

Yeah, 05-06 we played with a very high line and Reina as a sweeper keeper. 

None of our defenders had any pace to speak of, but they were that good that they managed to play and keep the best defensive record in the country at the time. It was proper defending.

To quote the great Section_31, Sami might have moved slow. But that's because Sami didn't have to move for anyone.

• Upvote 2

The difference with Alisson in goal is amazing and I agree with a poster the other day who said he doesn't expect goals when the opposition get a chance this season whereas every single one seemed a goal previously. My only technical worry with him is that he has a tendency to slap saves back out and not get them wide of the goal , the second Hazard chance being a prime example.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, sir roger said:

. My only technical worry with him is that he has a tendency to slap saves back out and not get them wide of the goal , the second Hazard chance being a prime example.

Jeez, what a load of shit. Mis-hit volley from pretty much point blank and just making the save isn’t good enough? Pure reactions that save was, it may well have been hit at him but it happens so quick, what do you want him to do? Stick his leg out and volley a 50 yard pass to Salah? 

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

The difference with Alisson in goal is amazing and I agree with a poster the other day who said he doesn't expect goals when the opposition get a chance this season whereas every single one seemed a goal previously. My only technical worry with him is that he has a tendency to slap saves back out and not get them wide of the goal , the second Hazard chance being a prime example.

I think it's because he actually makes saves on tough to save shots. There's only so much you can do with a reaction save. I'm talking in general.

6 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Jeez, what a load of shit. Mis-hit volley from pretty much point blank and just making the save isn’t good enough? Pure reactions that save was, it may well have been hit at him but it happens so quick, what do you want him to do? Stick his leg out and volley a 50 yard pass to Salah? 

I wouldn't be against it, no.

20 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

No,its an observation that a few have voiced and I've noticed myself. It may seem like nit picking but with top goalkeepers they will always look for small areas to improve and I think this is one he could improve on. He's still a superb GK but everybody can improve in some way.

I was once at The Ledbury, genuinely amazing place.

Anyhows the cheese trolly monkey comes around and they had some of the greatest cheese I’ve ever tasted. He asked for feedback and I was full of superlatives for everything. He asked if the cheese could, perhaps, have been a little cooler. Being put in a place where I thought I had to say something I said that ‘maybe a little’ knowing fuck all about the optimum temperature of Cathedral City Cheddar. The poor fuckers day was ruined because I felt like I just had to have an opinion, when perhaps I should just have enjoyed the best thing I’d had in a very long time.

Don’t know why this comes to mind?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Needs to start coming when VVD tells him. Cost us a goal against Fulham. Happened against Porto and again yesterday. 

Other than that and occasionally just needing to put the ball into touch I think he's probably the 2nd best keeper behind de gea 

I think Klopp is happy for a trade off with having a keeper with such excellent distribution versus one or two rough edges in his game.

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Lots of people voice a lot of things. Doesn't mean they're right or fair. 

Its something both my son,and I have noticed since his Roma days. Its a 'kink' and one which will probably be ironed out or worked one. People have opinions and this is a reasonable one and one which I'm sure a top keeper will look to improve on.

14 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its something both my son,and I have noticed since his Roma days. Its a 'kink' and one which will probably be ironed out or worked one. People have opinions and this is a reasonable one and one which I'm sure a top keeper will look to improve on.

Yes, I've heard it from others too. Almost every time I'm shown an example of it, it's a reaction save that somebody like Mignolet would have let in. He could improve by being absolutely perfect at all times, but I'll settle for a world class save instead of it going in. Either way, I file in the folder with 'Suarez can't finish' and 'Salah looks slow' that people also noted. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Brilliant keeper. Anyone moaning about him has an agenda. 

He's a good keeper, very good perhaps, but he's still making some mistakes and still takes unnecessary risks at times. Would I rather have a different keeper? No. Do I think he could improve further? Yes. My only agenda is talking sense. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yes, I've heard it from others too. Almost every time I'm shown an example of it, it's a reaction save that somebody like Mignolet would have let in. He could improve by being absolutely perfect at all times, but I'll settle for a world class save instead of it going in. Either way, I file in the folder with 'Suarez can't finish' and 'Salah looks slow' that people also noted. 

Why are you always looking for an argument or being so arrogant as if you have all the right answers and nobody else does? The example yesterday was a good save but it just reminded somebody of a slight weak point in Alisson's game and as I said earlier,its something a top player will hopefully look at and work on,or at least his coaching staff should. And Suarez or Salah can't finish,they are rubbish!!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

I wish Karius was capable of slapping saves.