You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

8 hours ago, Aventus said:

I like how few posts that this thread has lately, I think that's the best sign of a good player.

Half of the thread is transfer talk. 

half is hoping he lives up to the price tag. 

half is hoping Achterberg doesn't ruin him.

Half is talking about how beautiful he is.

And Half is slagging off our old keepers. 

And a tiny bit about him being good at stopping the ball going in the goal. 

Half is talk of him being one third of a threesome sextape. 

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Half is talk of him being one third of a threesome sextape. 

So now there's a sixth half? I don't know what I would get if I ordered a quarter pounder here... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Quality keeper. Notice that their keeper fucked up loads of times, especially with distribution... Carra didn't single him out or anything. I dunno, feels like he just doesn't like the style Alisson has. For me, he's quality. I think he will only get better, too. 

Carragher is one of the best defenders of the past 25 years, but he does my head in as a commentator.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Quality keeper. Notice that their keeper fucked up loads of times, especially with distribution... Carra didn't single him out or anything. I dunno, feels like he just doesn't like the style Alisson has. For me, he's quality. I think he will only get better, too. 

He can't wrap his head around forward-thinking, risk-taking keepers and defenders. It's too different from his own style of play and the majority of what was going on in his era.  

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

He can't wrap his head around forward-thinking, risk-taking keepers and defenders. It's too different from the majority of what was going on in his era.  

I'd probably go along with that if it was Hansen or Lawro having said it, but Carra was playing the other week. Surely he can't be that out of touch. Fuck, maybe he is and I'm getting old too. I dunno. He knows his game, Carra, but he just fucking rips Becker for everything. Like Kev, I can't be doing with him as a commentator in Liverpool games sometimes. It's almost like he wants to be so unbiased that he's a bit negative. 

10 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I'd probably go along with that if it was Hansen or Lawro having said it, but Carra was playing the other week. Surely he can't be that out of touch. Fuck, maybe he is and I'm getting old too. I dunno. He knows his game, Carra, but he just fucking rips Becker for everything. Like Kev, I can't be doing with him as a commentator in Liverpool games sometimes. It's almost like he wants to be so unbiased that he's a bit negative. 

If he had played with Alisson, he would have hated him. I think it's that simple. They wouldn't belong in the same defensive unit. Their styles of play are just too different and he doesn't understand it.