You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

I can mention Schmeichel, right? This isn't GOT where everyone who ever played for your 'hated' rival was/is crap. God knows how many times I saw Schmeichel make a 192 square foot target look like it was a kids set from Argos. Seeing that from a Liverpool goalie last night brought a tear to my eye (albeit after it had brought a knot to my stomach). Lovely.

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, deiseach said:

I can mention Schmeichel, right? This isn't GOT where everyone who ever played for your 'hated' rival was/is crap. God knows how many times I saw Schmeichel make a 192 square foot target look like it was a kids set from Argos. Seeing that from a Liverpool goalie last night brought a tear to my eye (albeit after it had brought a knot to my stomach). Lovely.

While he was a different type of keeper 'Big Nev' won the Bloos about 15 points a season himself. Ratcliffe,Mountfield et al were regularly breached and Nev was often up to the task.

21 minutes ago, deiseach said:

FUCK OFF BACK TO THE CAF, MANC TWAT.

• Upvote 3

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/alisson-and-liverpool-breaking-records-but-spare-a-thought-for-man-city

My favourite bit 

One of the plethora of Premier League stats is called “save ratio”, a measure of how many shots on target a goalkeeper keeps out. Last season we were ranked 19th out of 20 in that category with 64%. With Alisson between the sticks, we’re now ranked 1st with 86% – a massive jump.

Ridiculous stats, both now and last year. 64 fucking percent save ratio, we'd have been better off finding the fattest cunt we could and telling him to just sit on the goal line and not to bother moving, just let the ball bounce off his flab, as long as he's bigger than 123 square foot he'd be sound. 

DD-COMPOSITE-GOALKEEPER-GRAPHIC-2.jpg

11 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Mad how we managed to score 7 past him about 8 months ago, and all the Premier league teams we've faced so far combined have only manged to score 6. 

Freaks my nut right out. 

Salah has the capacity to make Van Dijk and Koulibaly look silly. We have 3 players that have an argument to be the top 3 in the world in their positions. Add Firmino, Mané, Robertson and of course, Herr Klopp - Baby, you've got a stew going. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aventus said:

...we'd have been better off finding the fattest cunt we could and telling him to just sit on the goal line and not to bother moving, just let the ball bounce off his flab, as long as he's bigger than 123 square foot he'd be sound. 

DD-COMPOSITE-GOALKEEPER-GRAPHIC-2.jpg

I already have a job, so I wasn’t available.

15 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Can’t belive England’s Jordan Pickford isn’t on that list.

I'd love to see a heat map of all of his saves/goals. Be hilarious if there was a perfect line at about 6 foot up where everything below gets saved, and everything above goes in. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Mad how we managed to score 7 past him about 8 months ago, and all the Premier league teams we've faced so far combined have only manged to score 6. 

Freaks my nut right out. 

The finishing those nights was so clinical. Not many teams in the world have the capacity to match the efficiency we had in the tie. Also, we're so water-tight at the back right now that there are so few chances to even get in the right positions to score. 

• Upvote 1