You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

37 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

If he carries on like this, there's going to be loads of Scouse blokes calling their sons Alisson.

Alisson Virgil Macca. Sounds about right. 

My daddy left home when I was three 
And he didn't leave much to ma and me 
Just this old guitar and an empty bottle of booze. 
Now, I don't blame him cause he run and hid 
But the meanest thing that he ever did 
Was before he left, he went and named me Alisson

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

A match winning goal keeper, is for life not just for christmas,  he's saved us about 9 points and got us in the the champions league knockout stages (worth 20-80 mil) already this season and has more clean sheets than a nun.

Also, at least 3 goals in recent weeks have been set up by his quick thinking.

He is the anti-Mignolet.

• Upvote 2

Makes watching us so much less stressful. Simple crosses into the box are gathered up like simple crosses into the box should be. Shots down his throat are caught and held with minimum fuss. He also has a tidy knack of not getting out of the way of shots. 

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

Makes watching us so much less stressful. Simple crosses into the box are gathered up like simple crosses into the box should be. Shots down his throat are caught and held with minimum fuss. He also has a tidy knack of not getting out of the way of shots. 

Don't forget he has hands aswell, actual real fully functional hands

We’ve gone from Mignolet and Karius to a goalkeeper who looks as good as Neuer was in his prime a couple of years ago. And for me Neuer was already better than a lot of the greats before because he could play it on the ground. Crazy. Same as Van Dijk, there’s probably not a better player in his position on the planet right now.