You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

Technically he was actually fine there. Even after getting himself in a spot, he shielded the ball well from the defender, so were he not shoved in the back, probably could've taken the bail-out option and got the ball out of play.

Not sure where the ref was positioned, but I wonder if the foul is called if the linesman is on the near side of that incident.

Big V is the most dominant CB we've had since Sami, no coincidence that our defense has improved drastically since he signed.

Going to be interesting watching the season unfold. Klopp was clearly not happy with our 2nd half defensive performance. A repeat of the Brighton game.

Here’s the deeper problem: VVD. Yes, Henderson played a hasty pass but he found his man. VVD consistently puts team mates under pressure with passes that go awol. Saw it last season, and already seen it this one. Sometimes he passes wildly when he’s not even under pressure. Now Becker has been undermined.

It’s an issue and it WILL cost us. I’m watching VVD closely, because I’ve never been impressed. I think we overpaid, and got average.

Teams will target VVD the more they see it, and if it’s not sorted, Becker will lose confidence. If that happens, we’ll ship goals.

Chelsea or Spurs could rip us a new one shortly.

Fucking hell.

• Upvote 1

Here’s the deeper problem: VVD. Yes, Henderson played a hasty pass but he found his man. VVD consistently puts team mates under pressure with passes that go awol. Saw it last season, and already seen it this one. Sometimes he passes wildly when he’s not even under pressure. Now Becker has been undermined.

It’s an issue and it WILL cost us. I’m watching VVD closely, because I’ve never been impressed. I think we overpaid, and got average.

Teams will target VVD the more they see it, and if it’s not sorted, Becker will lose confidence. If that happens, we’ll ship goals.

We have a disguised infiltrator from GoT.

Absolute and utter bollocks.

Our defensive record since Van Dijk signed is just one big massive coincidence. He’s actually shite. Crap in the air, awful on the floor, doesn’t talk enough, is only 5 ft 8, his birds a dog, he’s not even Dutch. I’ve been watching him closely with binoculars and a magnifying glass.

• Upvote 1

Our defensive record since Van Dijk signed is just one big massive coincidence. He’s actually shite. Crap in the air, awful on the floor, doesn’t talk enough, is only 5 ft 8, his birds a dog, he’s not even Dutch. I’ve been watching him closely with binoculars and a magnifying glass.

Are you sure you've taken the lens caps off?

Defensive performance was top class today, it was the only thing that was but you couldn't fault it bar the goal which was one poor pass that should still have been easily dealt with & daft decision making from the keeper.

I'm not sure what's weirder.  Faulting that or thinking VVD is average.

Apparently the Moon is made of Pistachio icecream as well.

Brilliant. Repped