You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

Excellent with the ball at feet, and those long passes are better than most of our outfield players. Also a couple of very good saves. Good footwork made the save from the free kick look rather straight forward, where our other keepers probably wouldn’t have kept it out.

Very early days, but he may already have earned us two or three extra points, doubt we would’ve won at Palace with one the others in goal.

His footwork and distribution are clearly top class, he also oozes calm as well. He's yet to make any great saves but he's not had to.

2 clean sheets of 2, so far so good.

He's doing all the basics superbly,  Clattering VVD to get the ball, Claiming corners, making no meals of shots.

I like.

I think it's going to be a lot harder for teams to press us with the kind of distribution that he's capable of. Last season we had had two keepers who weren't confident with their feet and a lot of the midfield weren't comfortable receiving the ball under pressure. As a result we dropped too deep and surrendered a lot of points from winning positions. With Alisson and Keita it's going to be much harder for teams to do that. One of the features of the West Ham game was how easily we played through the press and found space in midfield.

I'll be honest he hasn't made any saves that I wouldn't expect him to in any of the games so far , but the stat that I liked was that he went the whole season at Roma without being at personal fault for a single goal. 

We have spent all but 5 of the past 30 years not fully trusting our goalkeeper , and just having a calm, confident custodian will ease the nerves of the team and the fans significantly.

• Upvote 1