You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

That is wrong. Karius is a gorgeous looking fella with lovely skin. Becker’s skin is awful, Nivea would have their work cut out with him. Just because Karius is a shit keeper shouldn’t diminish his looks.

Alisson is ruggedly handsome. Karius is more the model type. Depends what look you prefer, tbf. 

People that question the price tag or ability need to ask themselves a few questions i think.

You want an Upgrade on Karius?

A goalkeeper that doesn't fuck up shots straight at him?

Somebody that can kick a ball properly?

You want a goalkeeper that has played in high pressure games and not made simple mistakes?

This guy has played at a top club, in a league which has a high percentage of set piece to goal ratio, he's played champions league football and he's played in a world cup, for Brazil. 

The simple mistakes Karius and Mignolet make are what costs us cups, titles and points. It's not so much we need them to pull off world class saves every week. We just need a keeper who can deal with the simple stuff in pressure moments and kick a fucking ball properly. 

Not a Pickford hoof but someone composed, who saves stuff right at him, pushes it away from danger, has character for the big games. Sets up his wall properly, punches or catches shit corners into the box, has the balls to distribute quickly or the brain to slow things down.

If people think you can buy all that for half the price, I'd like to hear the names?

Personally, i think its the right signing. His reputation is good. He's 6ft 4, he's played at the highest level for club and country and he's young enough to be agile for years to come. He doesn't make obvious fuck ups and he can deal with pressure moments and won't shit himself if the defenders give him the ball. 

B]Melissa Reddy[/b]‏Verified account @MelissaReddy_ 8m8 minutes ago

More

#LFC are cautiously optimistic of securing Roma's Alisson, valued at £66 million, in what would be a world record deal for a goalkeeper. Talks are progressing well. Player has indicated his willingness to move to Anfield.

Sources in Italy claim that Alisson has indicated that Liverpool is his preferred destination and it would appear now that an agreement on the fee between the clubs is edging closer. [ian Whittell - Times]

Oliver Bond‏Verified account @Oliver__Bond 16m16 minutes ago

More

Liverpool are anxious that they may be caught in a goalkeeper merry-go-round and that Chelsea could outbid them and hijack a deal for Alisson like they did with Jorginho, according tomorrow’s @TimesSport

Brazil media backs-up claims Alisson to Liverpool is close, player has 'bags packed' and is ready for transfer. http://sportwitness.co.uk/brazil-player-bags-packed-transfer-liverpool-close/

If this is true, then to be honest I'm done with the club.

I've been on the verge of this for the last 10 years. Players who earn more in a day, than a nurse does in a year, diving, tattooed wankers, absentee owners, and listening to that Sky windowlicker twatting "And it's live."

The one thing that I clung to was that we, as fans were better than that. It's become clearer and clearer that we're not. I didn't believe I would ever see Liverpool fans treat a Liverpool player giving his absolute all the way people have treated Karius; but the way people have lined up to, and absolutely revelled in, sticking the boot into our keeper has made me absolutely sick to my stomach.

And why? For the crime of being assaulted, suffering a concussion and soldiering on. If this is what is left of Liverpool fans, then I don't want anything to do with it. I'll leave you sky gen, knicker wetting, brexit loving, James Blunt fans to it.

• Upvote 3

I didn't believe I would ever see Liverpool fans treat a Liverpool player giving his absolute all the way people have treated Karius; but the way people have lined up to, and absolutely revelled in, sticking the boot into our keeper has made me absolutely sick to my stomach.

And why? For the crime of being assaulted, suffering a concussion and soldiering on. If this is what is left of Liverpool fans, then I don't want anything to do with it. I'll leave you sky gen, knicker wetting, brexit loving, James Blunt fans to it.

Yep.

Never mind Karius's mediocrity and the hell he's going to be given from opposition fans this season... the "friendly fire" of our own kicker boots has proved far more effective than Ramos's elbow.

I wonder how the first error from a 62m signing might be treated. 

And at least there'll still be Lovren...

People that question the price tag or ability need to ask themselves a few questions i think.

You want an Upgrade on Karius?

A goalkeeper that doesn't fuck up shots straight at him?

Somebody that can kick a ball properly?

You want a goalkeeper that has played in high pressure games and not made simple mistakes?

This guy has played at a top club, in a league which has a high percentage of set piece to goal ratio, he's played champions league football and he's played in a world cup, for Brazil. 

The simple mistakes Karius and Mignolet make are what costs us cups, titles and points. It's not so much we need them to pull off world class saves every week. We just need a keeper who can deal with the simple stuff in pressure moments and kick a fucking ball properly. 

Not a Pickford hoof but someone composed, who saves stuff right at him, pushes it away from danger, has character for the big games. Sets up his wall properly, punches or catches shit corners into the box, has the balls to distribute quickly or the brain to slow things down.

If people think you can buy all that for half the price, I'd like to hear the names?

Personally, i think its the right signing. His reputation is good. He's 6ft 4, he's played at the highest level for club and country and he's young enough to be agile for years to come. He doesn't make obvious fuck ups and he can deal with pressure moments and won't shit himself if the defenders give him the ball. 

I want an upgrade on Karius absolutely. But the qualifications for 66 million needs to be better than simply doesn't monumentally fuck up on the biggest stage. They need to be a genuine difference maker at that price. For me the only two keepers in the world that are clearly in that group are De Gea and Oblak. Alisson for 30-35 mill is great, for 66 you should to be damn sure he fits in that group. He's going to be the sweeper keeper we haven't had since Pepe, but I'm not convinced whatsoever by him otherwise. He looks like a good shot stopper, but dodgy on crosses just like our current occupants. Massive risk for me.

• Upvote 1

I've been on the verge of this for the last 10 years. Players who earn more in a day, than a nurse does in a year, diving, tattooed wankers, absentee owners, and listening to that Sky windowlicker twatting "And it's live."

The one thing that I clung to was that we, as fans were better than that. It's become clearer and clearer that we're not. I didn't believe I would ever see Liverpool fans treat a Liverpool player giving his absolute all the way people have treated Karius; but the way people have lined up to, and absolutely revelled in, sticking the boot into our keeper has made me absolutely sick to my stomach.

Behave yourself you precious little soul.

• Upvote 2

I can't figure out whether you're joking, or being serious?

We are talking about karius here aren't we? The worst keeper we've had in recent memory. And I'm including David James, arphexad and wesrerveld in that mix.....

How can you feel sorry for him. He's not good at his job.

I can't figure out whether you're joking, or being serious?

We are talking about karius here aren't we? The worst keeper we've had in recent memory. And I'm including David James, arphexad and wesrerveld in that mix.....

How can you feel sorry for him. He's not good at his job.

It’s called empathy. It’s a human emotion that transcends many things including ‘football clubs’ and material gain etc... a raw and natural emotion that some humans can still manage to tap into.

• Upvote 1

Well on the flip side, what if we'd all supported him every step of the way, and verbally attacked any critics? Disagreeing with anybody who dared talk about selling him, after he bravely soldiered on during his darkest moments of his career.

The only outcome there is we'd have a shite keeper next season, win fuck all because of that fact, then it'll be 50% frustration at not winning anything yet again, and 50% tossing ourselves off over how we're such nice people and lovely fans for not getting on his back, making us so much better than other clubs, win the fair play league on the pitch, win the peace and harmony award off the pitch.