You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sean cox

liverpoolsno9

5 hours ago, Mook said:

Is it just me or should AS Roma not be paying for all of his care needs?

The horrible fucking twats.

Can of worms that one, means everytime one of our fans breaks a window or something the club can be sued. 

Personally I think a discussion needs to be had about Italian football culture. We took our medicine back in the 80s but they never have. They've been doing shit like this for decades and nothing ever comes of it.

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Can of worms that one, means everytime one of our fans breaks a window or something the club can be sued. 

Personally I think a discussion needs to be had about Italian football culture. We took our medicine back in the 80s but they never have. They've been doing shit like this for decades and nothing ever comes of it.

I don't think it is a can of worms, Liverpool play in Europe most years & this is the first time I can remember any supporter in well over 10 years being seriously hurt in this way. Roma could quite conceivably say, 'We'll look after the guy's care financially'. I'm not talking about anyone being sued, I'm on about those twats putting their hands in their pockets & doing what's right.

They should be banned from Europe for a couple of years like the majority of English teams were after Heysel, it's well overdue.

15 hours ago, Mook said:

I don't think it is a can of worms, Liverpool play in Europe most years & this is the first time I can remember any supporter in well over 10 years being seriously hurt in this way. Roma could quite conceivably say, 'We'll look after the guy's care financially'. I'm not talking about anyone being sued, I'm on about those twats putting their hands in their pockets & doing what's right.

They should be banned from Europe for a couple of years like the majority of English teams were after Heysel, it's well overdue.

The Juventus fans should have been banned over Heysel too as their behaviour was appalling too. The deaths of those supporters naturally didn't lead to  a proper inquiry into all of the aspects that led to those deaths outside the ground as well as in it.

23 hours ago, Mook said:

Sadly this'll never happen now, UEFA would lose too much money and they are shit scared of clubs fucking off to form a Super League as it is. 

The bloke on trial over here has just been found not guilty on the GBH charge. He'd already pleaded guilty to a violent disorder charge. 

He wasn't the bloke who threw the punch that caused the injuries. Plus, he was being charged under the sometimes dodgy joint enterprise law. With the CPS case being quite weak looking and tenuous in parts. 

Pains me to say it, but the jury have got it right. Get the fucker who punched him extradited and throw the book at him. 

We should play roma in dublin next summer with a big chunk of the gate going towards the family's costs. It's heartbreaking when you read about sean, he seems like a pillar of the community and a great red.

To be fair to Roma, they can't be responsible for every shithouse that supports them. I was there in 84' and a lot of them are knife merchant cunts, but we have plenty of our own scumbags too. 

39 minutes ago, byrnie said:

A few of us drove down to the fun run for Sean today. It was heart warming to see such a great turnout.

My heart goes out to the family. They've had a horrible time and are in for one long uphill struggle.

I heard his wife was on the Late Late Show...showing small signs of recovery recently, but no idea longer term..

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Roma giving €150k to his fund.

€100k according to the echo. Still a nice gesture though. And not just the donation as they really seem to have engaged with the Cox family.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roma-make-huge-donation-gofundme-15421847

Still wondering what our own club have done.    

I'd like to see our club give a decent sum towards Sean's care too. If we can afford to throw away £250k for Scudmore's farewell gift then how about an equally generous donation towards Sean Cox? He's going to need care for the rest of his life, that's going to be costly and I'd love to see the club step in and help. 

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I'd like to see our club give a decent sum towards Sean's care too. If we can afford to throw away £250k for Scudmore's farewell gift then how about an equally generous donation towards Sean Cox? He's going to need care for the rest of his life, that's going to be costly and I'd love to see the club step in and help. 

Repped. I just posted something similar on the MF.

• Upvote 2