You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sean cox

liverpoolsno9

Good to hear that he is slowly on the mend.

Wow 90,000 euros towards medical expenses and all - how come there were expenses?

It might be down to him being an Irish citizen and not a UK one. Assuming he had travel insurance, it would cover his medical expenses up to a certain limit.

Great to see he's recovered although telling him Karius fucked up the Champions League won't be good news for him. Bit like Steven Seagal coming out of his coma in Hard to Kill.

I asked my Mrs to post a match programme and pennant to my friend in Italy from that game as the post office is only round the corner whereas I have to walk into town on my dinner to post anything. I went off my head the other day when she said she hadn't got round to doing it and it was still in our room. I told her that Sean Cox will be out of his coma by the time she gets to send it and I am right now.

• 2 months later...

Dunboyne, the club which Sean was chairman of for a time, will be playing in the final of the county senior Gaelic football final this Sunday.

Hopefully the lads can do it and bring back their first senior football title since...2005.

• Upvote 4

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:59 PM, Doctor Troy said:

Great to see he's recovered although telling him Karius fucked up the Champions League won't be good news for him. Bit like Steven Seagal coming out of his coma in Hard to Kill.

I asked my Mrs to post a match programme and pennant to my friend in Italy from that game as the post office is only round the corner whereas I have to walk into town on my dinner to post anything. I went off my head the other day when she said she hadn't got round to doing it and it was still in our room. I told her that Sean Cox will be out of his coma by the time she gets to send it and I am right now.

Any excuse...

Here's an article from the weekend on Sean's situation, which includes an interview with his wife.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/liverpool/we-just-hope-that-we-get-some-resemblance-of-sean-back-martina-cox-on-her-husbands-health-battle-after-anfield-attack-37389104.html

Details of a GoFundMe campaign to help with the significant ongoing costs of his recovery are set out at the end of the piece.

• Upvote 1

On 10/8/2018 at 7:34 PM, Em City said:

Dunboyne, the club which Sean was chairman of for a time, will be playing in the final of the county senior Gaelic football final this Sunday.

Hopefully the lads can do it and bring back their first senior football title since...2005.

Dunboyne win their first senior county title since 2005.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Em City said:

Dunboyne win their first senior county title since 2005.

Get in. I can't watch the Roma highlights back because the first time I tried all I could think of was him in the hozzy not even there to see it. YNWA big fella 

• Upvote 1

There's a 5k run/walk to support Sean and his family. The date and time is 29th of October (bank holiday Monday) at 11am. It starts at the Dunboyne GAA club.

Hopefully it gets a massive turnout.

That could have been any match going fan that day. That poor man was in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/SupportSean

• Upvote 2