You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Watched the last 75-80 minutes of the game. It was completely ruined by three things. An extremely negative and dirty Algeria team, a tactically useless Senegal and officials not capable of controlling the game.

I don't know if you've been following the tournament, but Algeria have played decent football throughout. They did completely shithouse their way to the trophy in the final, though.

Senegal on the other hand. as you said, have pretty much been useless when there is no space for their forwards to run in straight lines. Shame for Mane, but Senegal haven't deserved anything. 

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't know if you've been following the tournament, but Algeria have played decent football throughout. They did completely shithouse their way to the trophy in the final, though.

Senegal on the other hand. as you said, have pretty much been useless when there is no space for their forwards to run in straight lines. Shame for Mane, but Senegal haven't deserved anything. 

Only watched the final. So fair play to Ageria if they have played some proper football before the final. I guess also getting in front that early quite often can lead to a very negative approach. Bit like us in the CL final. Also like us, I guess Algeria arent too bothered that the final was pretty dull.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...