Quantcast
Other Football - 2018/19 Season - Page 814 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Ref gives a penalty to Senegal, then cancel it after reviewing by VAR.

In the first half he missed a clear penalty to Senegal, gave a corner after the defender never touched the ball. No VAR intervention however on that occasion.

Officials making a mess of the game unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

32% possession,  32 fouls committed

Watched the last 75-80 minutes of the game. It was completely ruined by three things. An extremely negative and dirty Algeria team, a tactically useless Senegal and officials not capable of controlling the game.

8 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Watched the last 75-80 minutes of the game. It was completely ruined by three things. An extremely negative and dirty Algeria team, a tactically useless Senegal and officials not capable of controlling the game.

I don't know if you've been following the tournament, but Algeria have played decent football throughout. They did completely shithouse their way to the trophy in the final, though.

Senegal on the other hand. as you said, have pretty much been useless when there is no space for their forwards to run in straight lines. Shame for Mane, but Senegal haven't deserved anything. 

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't know if you've been following the tournament, but Algeria have played decent football throughout. They did completely shithouse their way to the trophy in the final, though.

Senegal on the other hand. as you said, have pretty much been useless when there is no space for their forwards to run in straight lines. Shame for Mane, but Senegal haven't deserved anything. 

Only watched the final. So fair play to Ageria if they have played some proper football before the final. I guess also getting in front that early quite often can lead to a very negative approach. Bit like us in the CL final. Also like us, I guess Algeria arent too bothered that the final was pretty dull.

• Upvote 1