Quantcast
Other Football - 2018/19 Season - Page 812 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

From Benitez to Bruce. Ashley has to be lauded for being the biggest wind-up merchant in football. Kinnear, Dennis Wise, Allardyce, Pardew, Bruce... it's as if he actually hates Geordies and is deliberately trying to piss them off!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Beachball head being linked with Newcastle reminds me of the time they hired Allardyce and a Geordie mate sent me a text that just said "So, it's come to this."

They actually approached Allardyce but he turned it down straight away.

Fucking crazy that Newcastle are getting back on the LMA train. Every other club looking past that shit now. 

59 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Ashley just wants the cheapest option, someone who will come in and hopefully keep them in the league with minimum outlay.

Rafa doesn't stand for that shit.

Indeed and you know you're fucked when Fat Sham backheels the job

Imagine having to motivate yourself to play for a way past-best Steve Bruce. If I’m someone like Miguel Almiron, I’d be on autopilot until they let me go to the first half-decent bidder. You wouldn’t want to risk putting in a shift in training and getting injured to prolong the nightmare.

16 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Imagine having to motivate yourself to play for a way past-best Steve Bruce. If I’m someone like Miguel Almiron, I’d be on autopilot until they let me go to the first half-decent bidder. You wouldn’t want to risk putting in a shift in training and getting injured to prolong the nightmare.

I'd struggle to motivate myself for a prime Steve Bruce never mind a way past best one.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Ashley just wants the cheapest option, someone who will come in and hopefully keep them in the league with minimum outlay.

I like going Newcastle in Footy Manager. Might get in touch with him. 

BT had a repeat of the big match from 1975 on last night. Stoke were 3rd playing away to Arsenal who were near the relegation zone. A decent farmer wouldn't have allowed cows on to a  field as muddy as Highbury. The mad thing was Stoke played the previous day at West Ham and were due at Anfield on the 2 days later. 3 away games in 4 days while going for the league, they also had 4 players out injured with broken legs.

5 hours ago, No2 said:

BT had a repeat of the big match from 1975 on last night. Stoke were 3rd playing away to Arsenal who were near the relegation zone. A decent farmer wouldn't have allowed cows on to a  field as muddy as Highbury. The mad thing was Stoke played the previous day at West Ham and were due at Anfield on the 2 days later. 3 away games in 4 days while going for the league, they also had 4 players out injured with broken legs.

One for the "shitness of olden days football" thread. Not all change is bad.

Just now, Anubis said:

Reports it’ll cost Newcastle £5m in compo to Wednesday to get Bruce.

Wait until they see his food bill. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Fuck me, the BBC have a Live ticker for a friendly match between the mighty Perth Glory and the Mancs. 

That's fucking unreal 

What's even worse is when Steve Bruce is in the relegation zone in January, Ashley will spend about £60m to keep them up, but if Rafa was there he'd get nothing. 

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Tunisia out after scoring the only goal of the game.

Sadio marches on towards AFCON glory.

Thoughts on this @an tha?