You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

46 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

For whatever reason, I hate Chelsea far less when they have an Italian manager.

Since the lobotomised clapping seal pitched into West London with his filthy lucre, I reckon only one of their managers was a complete bellend. Largely because he spent fortunes, inflating the transfer market in the process and actively encouraging gamesmanship and lowest common denominator football from his expensively assembled teams.

14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Chelsea supporters don't deserve this at all. This moment is for Sarri who endured so much bullshit this season. Happy for him and he should leave them after this triumph with his head held high for a club that will appreciate him. 

Was thinking the same. Just like the last manager who won this tournament for the fucking ingrates.

39 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

A timely reminder before Saturday that pedigree tends to win finals. That's eased the nerves a bit. 

Thats a 0-0 draw and 0-0 on penalties then given ours and spurs record for winning trophies over last 10 years or so.

3 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Arsenal's lineup was shocking. They're in just as bad a state as the mancs. Worse, since their stingy yank owners will barely spend despite Arsenal raking in a shitload each season. Shitty times ahead for the arse.

They had a list of targets for winning the trophy and losing it. Winning were Nicolas Pepe, Rabiot and even Alexis Sanchez. 

Now they will just buy mid table French, Swiss and Austrian players. 

I can never be arsed looking at other teams' media sites but just had a look at Arse Fan TV and I'm surprised at the level headedness of the blokes interviewed. I thought they were all "Emery out" blerts but they seem to be saying back the manager, give him some money to invest and look forward to the future. They know they're not as good as Chelsea, they're just disappointed with the result and some individual performances. Makes a pleasant change from fans of plenty of other teams who convince themselves they're better than everyone else, even when they've finished 8th in the league.

Shame really, I was looking for some shouty, sweary bellends.

8 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I can never be arsed looking at other teams' media sites but just had a look at Arse Fan TV and I'm surprised at the level headedness of the blokes interviewed. I thought they were all "Emery out" blerts but they seem to be saying back the manager, give him some money to invest and look forward to the future. They know they're not as good as Chelsea, they're just disappointed with the result and some individual performances. Makes a pleasant change from fans of plenty of other teams who convince themselves they're better than everyone else, even when they've finished 8th in the league.

Shame really, I was looking for some shouty, sweary bellends.

Mr DT delivers........

10 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

They had a list of targets for winning the trophy and losing it. Winning were Nicolas Pepe, Rabiot and even Alexis Sanchez. 

Now they will just buy mid table French, Swiss and Austrian players. 

The goons won't be happy. Can't say I blame them. Their club generate more money than most clubs yet the owners don't want to spend. For all of the criticism we give to FSG, at least our yanks have been willing to back the manager  in recent seasons. Arsenal's owners use the club revenue to buy ranches in the US.

11 hours ago, Stickman said:

Ian Darke "Chelsea have won a trophy in 11of the last 15'seasonsc* 

Fails to mention that before dodgy Russian sugar daddy turned up it was something like four trophies in over 50 years 

Chelsea fans on Sky Sports News. Sarri still needs to go because he hasn't won this trophy they won it because they are Chelsea and that's what they do.

Yeah there rich history of winning trophies I though football started in 1992 not 2004

23 minutes ago, Baltar said:

The goons won't be happy. Can't say I blame them. Their club generate more money than most clubs yet the owners don't want to spend. For all of the criticism we give to FSG, at least our yanks have been willing to back the manager  in recent seasons. Arsenal's owners use the club revenue to buy ranches in the US.

I posted a piece in the Man City thread about this. It's not that they won't spend it's that they couldn't, while they could afford the players no problem, its the wage rules in the premier league (which they comply with) that forbid them from adding to the squad. You can only increase wages by a certain percentage every year unless you have additional revenue, champions league, new sponsors etc. They had long term deals with Puma and Emirates that have both expired and no champions league football Loads of their high earners have retired or moved on so they can add 3 or 4 high end players in the summer and stay within the rules, last year they couldn't.

12 hours ago, Stickman said:

Ian Darke "Chelsea have won a trophy in 11of the last 15'seasonsc* 

Fails to mention that before dodgy Russian sugar daddy turned up it was something like four trophies in over 50 years 

29 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Chelsea fans on Sky Sports News. Sarri still needs to go because he hasn't won this trophy they won it because they are Chelsea and that's what they do.

Yeah there rich history of winning trophies I though football started in 1992 not 2004

All true.  But they've won loads.  And we've won fuck all in that period. And if we lose Saturday then it's another pot-less season for us as Chelsea get to parade a trophy yet again.  I know which recent trophy history I'd prefer.

• Upvote 1