You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It might be a good result for us. If Ajax won, all the fans would be turning up to the game in Madrid thinking it's a shoe in - and we all know how that usually turns out. We function far better as a club when we've got a real game on our hands, and make no mistake about it, this will be a real challenge for us. They can match our intensity everywhere, and if Kanes back they have an attack that can put us to the sword if we switch off for even a split second. 

Could end up in disaster, ultimate humiliation, or could be a game we remember for the rest of our lives. It's high noon. Stakes don't get any higher than this. Whoever is capable of holding their nerve on the biggest stage and riding their luck in those clutch moments will come out on top. Congratulations to Spurs for a monumental performance to get here. Now we need to back the team 100%.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Absolute nightmare. There’s no doubt that they’re favourites given how they’re due a win.

Favourites are not determined by who's "due a win".  

You might loosely call what you're suggesting the "law of averages" - but that would only really be applicable if we were the "heads" side of a coin and Spurs were "tails".

We have a vastly superior record as a football team than them this season and, in Europe, last season too.

They might beat us, yes, but to call an inferior team favourites because they're "due a win" is mostly being superstitious. 

Mind you, to each their own.

I see it more as an old-style FA Cup Final scenario, where a superior team might get beaten in a one-off, all-or-nothing game.

You know, like us against Wimbledon in 1988 or against Manchester United in 1977.  That's what I don't like about the prospect of this game.

I'm also put off by the prospect of an all-English final.

I feel for our fans who will be going all the way to Madrid - only to mingle with a fair percentage of cockney gits I'll vouch - and watch us play fucking Spurs.

Anyhow... mustn't grumble.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No it is not!

It Is on both.

What a stupid thing to say.

Why are we making excuses now????

its not an excuse and not stupid we are favourites to win and people expect us to win after turning over Barca the way we did ive heard it said 4 or 5 times already tonight.Spurs on the way to the final have drawn at Barca beaten dortmund,city and Ajax throwing a touch of caution out there id say is a wise thing. Do i think we will win? yes do i think it will be easy? nope i think it will be as nervy for us fans as the Barca game was but thats just my opinion......life would be fucking boring if we all had the same opinion   

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yep. More possession in both games this season too. When I say they’re 'due a win' it’s not just based on instinct or superstition, but on the fact that they’ve outplayed us on more than one occasion of late without reward. A team capable of that is not likely to keep losing without reply. I couldn’t be more pessimistic about this final, I think it’s a complete disaster.

Fuck off, WUM.

6 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

A few days ago Ajax were a great side, and we were out. Now they’re shit and we’re in the final. 

They were never a great side tbf. 

Don't get the doom and gloom about Spurs either.   

6 hours ago, skaro said:

Favourites are not determined by who's "due a win".  

You might loosely call what you're suggesting the "law of averages" - but that would only really be applicable if we were the "heads" side of a coin and Spurs were "tails".

We have a vastly superior record as a football team than them this season and, in Europe, last season too.

They might beat us, yes, but to call an inferior team favourites because they're "due a win" is mostly being superstitious. 

Mind you, to each their own.

I see it more as an old-style FA Cup Final scenario, where a superior team might get beaten in a one-off, all-or-nothing game.

You know, like us against Wimbledon in 1988 or against Manchester United in 1977.  That's what I don't like about the prospect of this game.

I'm also put off by the prospect of an all-English final.

I feel for our fans who will be going all the way to Madrid - only to mingle with a fair percentage of cockney gits I'll vouch - and watch us play fucking Spurs.

Anyhow... mustn't grumble.

Don't like the thought of all those cockney fans drinking sangria all day and looking for trouble. Could be a recipe for disaster with us and a heavy handed  spanish police force. Hope i'm wrong but think we would have got on better with ajax fans.

Tottenham just lost to Bournemouth.

Let Kane play- it all goes to shit for them when he does. They play through him.

Cant really drop Moura or Son, play all 3 and you compromise the midfield.

Despite his performance Origi would probably feel ok not starting if Firmino is fit.

Going to be a pretty unbearable build up but I think we should hold no fear. Big Champions league finals is where you want to be.

We just beat Barcelona 4-0. We've lost once in the league in 37 games.

We should fear NOTHING       

I'm glad Spurs are through, I was worried that Ajax spurred on by their fans, who would have given them fantastic support, could have done us at our own game i.e speed and pressing. Remember Spurs nearly fucked up CL qualification whilst we kept going under almighty pressure, yes they did brilliantly last night but we've been doing it week after week.

Madrid will be red, that 24 hours gave us the advantage in picking up flights and hotels, we will outdo them on all fronts.

• Upvote 1