You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, skaro said:

I remember him scoring for them at Anfield and he looked pretty special actually - was really getting at us.

I remember us being linked and everyone, myself included not being impressed. Done great since the move, but playing in Holland must help as he doesn't have to be at it each game

3 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Going to be a tough game in my opinion. I didn't realise how physically accomplished they are. 

Unless we kill them off early, there’s no doubt it’ll be tough. Yet they have a slightly ponderous looking keeper and a defence cut open numerous times by a tired looking Spurs team before the second goal deflated them.

50 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I fear there’s a certain inevitability about Spurs winning tonight and reaching the final, as much as I want to avoid the all-English nightmare scenario. Ajax lack the experience and won’t be able to cope with the pressure in front of their own fans.

What are the lottery numbers, mate?

13 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

I could be just talking out my arse obviously but I wonder if there's a slight psychological advantage in us having two of the most senior Dutch players if we do play against these. 

I think it could be a big thing, especially as the players concerned play in the same positions as their 2 best players  and probably mentor them in some way. 

Hopefully Bobby will be fit and ready to go. His movement will cause issues amd Mo and Mane should get plenty out the fullbacks. If we press the midfield as  well as we did Barcelona we should do fine. The back 4 and Fabinho need to be switched on as their movement is brilliant. 

Should be a great game

12 minutes ago, Red House said:

I know several of their players have been getting the praise (and rightly so), but ten Hag is their biggest asset. He's the next big thing manager-wise. Hope Bayern nicks him as I could see City eyeing as a potential Pep replacement.

He was a coach at Bayern when Guardiola was manager there, so they will know all about him.

5 minutes ago, No2 said:

I think it could be a big thing, especially as the players concerned play in the same positions as their 2 best players  and probably mentor them in some way. 

Hopefully Virgil makes them all his bitches.

Then we sign a few of them in the summer.

2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

He was a coach at Bayern when Guardiola was manager there, so they will know all about him.

Yep, that's why I'm hoping Bayern get there before them. Barca will also be interested at some point. There's a clear Pep influence in their style of play.

20 minutes ago, Red House said:

I know several of their players have been getting the praise (and rightly so), but ten Hag is their biggest asset. He's the next big thing manager-wise. Hope Bayern nicks him as I could see City eyeing as a potential Pep replacement.

Sounds like a craft Ale.