You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Feel a bit sorry for Watford. Great effort and deserved something from the game. But needs must, and that Arse wIn piles pressure on the Goblin Prince and his troops.

Just more Liverpool luck really. Unbelievable how much they've had everything go their way this season, what with Watford going a man down, helping Arsenal, which doesn't help the mancs, which forces them to get a result against City, which clearly helps Liverpool. 

So much luck! 

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

Arsenal have Palace and Brighton at home, near certain 6 points. Just 1 win from Wolves Leicester and Burnley away would leave Utd needing 13 points to overtake them taking in goal difference.  

Basically lose to City and its game over for them.

If there's one cunt who wouldn't get tired of the 'balmy night in Barcelona' shite, it's the smug little goblin. 

Unless he wants a balmy night in Baku, he'd probably want to get his team up for their derby. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, No2 said:

Arsenal have Palace and Brighton at home, near certain 6 points. Just 1 win from Wolves Leicester and Burnley away would leave Utd needing 13 points to overtake them taking in goal difference.  

Basically lose to City and its game over for them.

Need Utd to beat Everton first or it's virtually over in their fight for top 4.

4 hours ago, Arnaud said:

What was the mood like at Anfield back in 1995 when we were playing Blackburn ? We beat them but united lost or drew , so Rovers became champions. How did the players play ? I don’t remember.

As for United , they re good when Pogba is good. I’m sure he’ll be willing to beat City and absolutely does not care about the rivalry between us and United. He’s too self-centered.

I was at that game in the Annie Rd end and can tell you that the mood before the game was one of camaraderie between us and Blackburn fans. Outside we were all together singing songs.

Ferguson had been battering the papers all week saying we would lay down for Blackburn blah blah fucking blah. Evo was saying we were going out to win every game as Liverpool always do (basically fuck off you whisky nosed cunt)

Blackburn didn't enamour themselves with the fans by making us attack the Kop first half. 

Shearer scored for them first. Not long after he scored West Ham went ahead against United so regardless of our result Blackburn were champions. 

Second half we were just knocking the ball about really. Blackburn seemed content for us to have it without doing much pressing but then Digger scored. 1-1 and around about then United equalised so it was pretty tense around the ground. 

Again the game seemed to go into a lull but then Babb played a bad ball back to Calamity and they nicked in and won it.. The ball was heading in but John Scales cleared it off the line. Shearer missed a chance he was putting away all year smashing it over.

Deep into injury time Batty kicked fuck out of McManaman about 30 yards out. I was right in line with the ball that Redknapp was hitting thinking he is going to score here. He actually moved the ball a couple of yards to his right (a la Souness used to do) and only fucking bent it into the top corner! 

The ground erupted for us scoring as you would expect but for the next 1-2 minutes was a bit strange as we were still hoping it was 1-1 in the other game. 

Next thing the Blackburn fans start screaming and we knew that United had drawn. Kenny came onto the pitch and Colin Hendry ran over to him. 

I remember us all staying in the ground singing "Are you watching Manchester??" and clapping the champions as they did a lap of honour. They got in front of the Kop who were all clapping and then they started singing "We beat the champions". Must have stayed in the ground for a good hour after the game. 

Great atmosphere. Brilliant that we won and was in United's hands but they couldn't do it. Shows we always look to win a game regardless of what that result means. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

6 hours ago, Reds4Life said:

I was at that game in the Annie Rd end and can tell you that the mood before the game was one of camaraderie between us and Blackburn fans. Outside we were all together singing songs.

Ferguson had been battering the papers all week saying we would lay down for Blackburn blah blah fucking blah. Evo was saying we were going out to win every game as Liverpool always do (basically fuck off you whisky nosed cunt)

Blackburn didn't enamour themselves with the fans by making us attack the Kop first half. 

Shearer scored for them first. Not long after he scored West Ham went ahead against United so regardless of our result Blackburn were champions. 

Second half we were just knocking the ball about really. Blackburn seemed content for us to have it without doing much pressing but then Digger scored. 1-1 and around about then United equalised so it was pretty tense around the ground. 

Again the game seemed to go into a lull but then Babb played a bad ball back to Calamity and they nicked in and won it.. The ball was heading in but John Scales cleared it off the line. Shearer missed a chance he was putting away all year smashing it over.

Deep into injury time Batty kicked fuck out of McManaman about 30 yards out. I was right in line with the ball that Redknapp was hitting thinking he is going to score here. He actually moved the ball a couple of yards to his right (a la Souness used to do) and only fucking bent it into the top corner! 

The ground erupted for us scoring as you would expect but for the next 1-2 minutes was a bit strange as we were still hoping it was 1-1 in the other game. 

Next thing the Blackburn fans start screaming and we knew that United had drawn. Kenny came onto the pitch and Colin Hendry ran over to him. 

I remember us all staying in the ground singing "Are you watching Manchester??" and clapping the champions as they did a lap of honour. They got in front of the Kop who were all clapping and then they started singing "We beat the champions". Must have stayed in the ground for a good hour after the game. 

Great atmosphere. Brilliant that we won and was in United's hands but they couldn't do it. Shows we always look to win a game regardless of what that result means. 

Thanks for the story mate ! I must admit I wanted us to lose that day but it’s different for players especially now with so many of them who are about to go somewhere else ....

The ev drawing with the mancs might be the best result. It means if they go out tonight, they simply have to go for it against City. 

The likes of De Gea, pogba and rashford don't give a shit about who wins the league, they care about top 4.

I just hope the spurs that is top class at times shows up on saturday rather than the flimsy one.

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised there's any United fans wanting City to win it this year. 

On the one hand it's us, probably their biggest rivals over history, going a step closer to overtaking their number of league titles. 

On the other is their city rivals, potentially being the first team to win the quadruple, and eclipsing their treble winning year. 

I can see why to be honest. City is a done deal. They are what they are now, have won several titles recently and long eclipsed them as the best side in Manchester. More of the same if they win it. Plus they can console themselves with financial doping having played a huge part.

The monkey on our back is a huge source of continuing amusement and one-upmanship to United fans. That we’re so much better than them now can still be tempered by us falling short; “they nearly won the league” and all that cuntery. Us winning the title again after so long without is the point those sort of taunts are ripped away from them for good. Obnoxious boasts and gloating have always been a huge part of the deal for United fans, and it’s currently all they have over us.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I can see why to be honest. City is a done deal. They are what they are now, have won several titles recently and long eclipsed them as the best side in Manchester. More of the same if they win it. Plus they can console themselves with financial doping having played a huge part.

The monkey on our back is a huge source of continuing amusement and one-upmanship to United fans. That we’re so much better than them now can still be tempered by us falling short; “they nearly won the league” and all that cuntery. Us winning the title again after so long without is the point those sort of taunts are ripped away from them for good. Obnoxious boasts and gloating have always been a huge part of the deal for United fans, and it’s currently all they have over us.

Yep. A "better the devil you know" kind of thing. It's completely understandable to me. I don't really know why nobheads who support the likes of Stoke and other assorted nobodies would vehemently want City to win it so much though.

6 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Yep. A "better the devil you know" kind of thing. It's completely understandable to me. I don't really know why nobheads who support the likes of Stoke and other assorted nobodies would vehemently want City to win it so much though.

Because at the end of the day, people are more envious of and aggrieved by legitimate and honest success - than by what City are doing.